Product Design Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mfrank21

Tool Kit prototype

Guest Mfrank21

Here are some tools that my team developed for a project. Goal of the project was to create a set of tools that would reflect the brand of Bath and Body Works. All Three pieces are resin casted. If you have any suggestions for prototyping feel free to comment!

post-7-1109032873.jpg

Guest Bizzo

without knowing the process(es) you went thru to come to a final design all i can say is NICE MODELS!

its always nice to see and hear about people making their designs a reality. The craftsmanship in your pieces translates into their form nicely.

Good luck!

Bizzo

Guest celticsun

:) Well now that is interestingisnt it!

You took 2 or 3 massage tools and modified them into a tape measure and a screw driver....interesting but what about the fourth? since you are working up a sweat, turn the last round object into a Thermous this way you have something to replunish your thirst after alll the hard work.

Nice model modification!

celticsun

Guest Mfrank21

Bizzo:

Process: Basic design shapes come from different ergonomic handle shapes as well as market research from Bath and Body works and current tool trends. After shapes were derived, they were shaped out of 10 density jiffy foam and sealed with bondo. THen the two part silicon mold was casted off of the jiffy foam shapes.

Celticsun:

As far as my model modification!!! Maybe the idea of concept ideation and model building to associate a brand immage is a bit too far beyond your basic clairvoyant reasoning.

Valiant effort!

Guest Stratiegery01

Hey hey. Like the man said, massage tools. The option of relaxing your hand while screwing in a mailbox is key! I think thats what a man named Kolko said too....