Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
cash68

Cintiq Sketches

Yeah - nice improvements...I still think you have room to start working on pushing your forms a lot more, but as I said earlier being able to nail something simple is better than totally screwing up something complex.

I__m_on_the_Green_Team_by_cash68.jpg

A bit hotwheelzish, but more complicated like CyberDemon said.

Guest Taro

for that green car, i dont think its a good idea to draw the front like that, since it looks like its either just dragging along the ground, or its a reflection, if its dragging along the ground that wouldnt work at all. if its a reflection, then maybe the reflection should be identicle with your car. its kinda confusing.

Guest Jay08

Yeah not reading this one too well... Seems like a step back from previous work(which is great by the way) and real blocky...maybe push some amorphic forms...im thinking a 3d version of your second sketch maybe?

Are you using guides for the ellipses? They look pretty clean. Im new(ish) to tablets and getting the ellipse right first go is a bit of a grey area at the mo... Cheers

Yeah try something with a few curves. :D

All of your designs have been very faceted. Build out some boxes in perspective to set up your design, then work on scuplting in some curves. Look at some existing curvy- cars and think about how you would draw a surface that wasn't breaking off at a harsh angle. It's a challenge but you'll learn a lot more from it even if you botch it a whole bunch of times.

Guest kaiza

Since no one's mentioned it yet it might just be me, but the hood line over the closer of the headlights looks slightly raised/more pulled back (like it's lifting its eyebrow).

Thanks for the comments... yeah, I wasn't taking this one real seriously. Took about 45 minutes to an hour... just playing with ridiculous airdams. I can see the point about it looking like a reflection, sort of... I'll try to do a curvy one next. :D

I know I said I'd do something curvy next, but I just had a thing for a unimog, so I reskinned it a bit. I'm working on the environment and lighting for it now:

post-8137-1229094250.jpg

Eh, getting somewhere. I need to add snow in the tires, against the wheels, on top of the blower, hood, etc. Looks kinda cool though... any tips???

post-8137-1229096628.jpg

Alright, here's a typical ID sportscar sketch... but I'm looking for help. The passenger side headlight doesn't look right. I've redrawn it 50 freakin times, without success. I'm trying to get it to look like the driver's side headlight. Any ideas? I've tried using construction lines too.. I'm just stumped here.

PS: It's a concept Saleen S8, the successor to the S7. When I finish it I'm going to send it off to the design of the S7, and see what he says. :)

post-8137-1232131461.jpg

Thanks, have any ideas for the headlight? It's driving me nuts.

Guest Gringoire

IDK... maybe A noble M14... Or round headlights... that come from "deep inside"... Or a thin headlight... I'm imagining a combination between a sport car and Land Rover Lrx... i think it would look awesome...

Please read what I typed above the sketch. Here it is again:

but I'm looking for help. The passenger side headlight doesn't look right. I've redrawn it 50 freakin times, without success. I'm trying to get it to look like the driver's side headlight. Any ideas? I've tried using construction lines too.. I'm just stumped here.

I am not looking for suggestions on changing the light style, I just can't get it to look right on one side.

Thanks!

- Rob