Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest spokas

"unlike Any Other"

Guest spokas

This is our new product, we would like to know your opinion about our product. We think, that we managed to amaze even very particular clients.

post-19046-1199873035.jpg

Guest Lilith

i have quite modest expectations and yet i am not really amazed ... well it looks nice, maybe a bit uncomfortable.. what materials have been used here? could you post different views, also maybe sketches, so that the shape and tactility is more comprehensible.

Guest lanterna

i would say it's stylish, but i think i would change a little bit the dimensions.

i also would find something to let the shell live- so maybe the cushion has a different colour, or better, since you're going towards a hybrid between the movement of artnouveau and heavines of arts and crafts, you could use a fabric printed with a simple model. use something like biedermeyer... try to avoid baroque - everyone uses it

and the upper ending of the shell looks too sharp - you don't want to hurt your self

good luck

Guest yodesign
...since you're going towards a hybrid between the movement of artnouveau and heavines of arts and crafts, you could use a fabric printed with a simple model. use something like biedermeyer... try to avoid baroque - everyone uses it

+1 for the style, in the cocooning trend, so it seems comfortable, like a shell.

Well, as Lanterna said, try colors or fabric printed to give it some dynamic!

Guest w i l l

If the outer 'shell' was actually shell it would be quite interesting.

I wish people would stop banging on about safety - sometimes products need sharp edges for aesthetics - where do you draw the line? You could hurt yourself with a cushion if you really tried. Can't wait till the year 2250 when there're so many standards that all products are spherical, weigh less then 3.5 kg, are manufactured from fire retardent foam and spot checked for radiation and possible causes of Cancer. Or is that now.

I like the expression of the sofa. However, regarding functionality, it's another case. It seems as if the angle between seat and back is almost 90 degrees or less and you wouldn't be able to use the sides of the sofa because of the curvature of the armrest (which by the way is very high), and therefore the armrest will not be used. But it's dificult to say based on only one view.

It looks as if the "shell" material is paper or something like that (illustration wise).

Guest bob6yt6

others have said it looks shell like i say it looks like a flower opening. neat i would not buy it muself but it does look good.

I wish people would stop banging on about safety - sometimes products need sharp edges for aesthetics - where do you draw the line? You could hurt yourself with a cushion if you really tried. Can't wait till the year 2250 when there're so many standards that all products are spherical, weigh less then 3.5 kg, are manufactured from fire retardent foam and spot checked for radiation and possible causes of Cancer. Or is that now.

Hear hear. I say we put sharp edges on everything, that way we help Darwin out. I think playground equipment should be an obstacle course of dangerous things to do, that way the stupid kids don't make it. :)

Guest bob6yt6

Hear hear. I say we put sharp edges on everything, that way we help Darwin out. I think playground equipment should be an obstacle course of dangerous things to do, that way the stupid kids don't make it. :)

funny cash but obviously no one will actually do that because it is sick. but if life comes down to human existence on the line then i do belive that this will happen sorting the weak from the strong. a sharp edge on something is the least of the worlds problems.

the only way you could hurt yourself on this couch is if you trip on a rug and fall on it. now who is at fault the company who made the rug, or the company that made the couch. no matter how sharp it is it sould be the person who hurt themselves fault for puttin the two together. so i say make things as sharp as you want because if some one thinks that it is dangerous than that person should not buy it. i would not buy it because it is not my style not because it could be dangerous.

Guest spokas

Hi, first of all, the eadges of the sofa is not sharp as people think, its just imagination.Secondly, it is quite comfortable, if your weight is less than 300 kilo...:))) The construction is unique, and we do not use poluyrethane, we use plywood...:)

Guest Kie
Hi, first of all, the eadges of the sofa is not sharp as people think, its just imagination.Secondly, it is quite comfortable, if your weight is less than 300 kilo...:P)) The construction is unique, and we do not use poluyrethane, we use plywood...:)

The good people at HomeReserve also use plywood for their couches :)

Your design is very neat, not my personal taste (im usually a utilitarian couch guy), but this is very neat and looks well made.

Guest ST3
Sorry, but i think it's quite ugly. better luck next time :)

In your opinion....which does not really count for anyone else tbh.

i think it is a very nice aesthetic....did you try different patterns like others mentioned?mind you this may take away from the simple curved look!

i have to say i very much like it

Guest gmwerk
Sorry, but i think it's quite ugly. better luck next time :)

In your opinion....which does not really count for anyone else tbh.

well, the post was asking opinion, wasn't it?

and,yes! i'm supposed to give mine, and not someone else opinion :thumbsup:

bye!