Product Design Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cash68

Sw2008: How To Make It More Like Sw2007?

In SW2007, I could right click on a feature, and click edit to change something. Apparently that was ... bad... somehow?!?!?! So now I have to right click, click on properties, then click edit. It's a bunch of rubbish. Can I change it so that I can edit a feature simply by right clicking on it again?

Also, is there a way to make it, in general, display more TEXT in the userface, instead of trying to learn all the stupid new icons?

Guest MER

Welcome to the wonderful world of SW 2008. I believe the answer is no about the right click. As far as MORE text, if it isn't already, you can set the command manager to 'Use Large Buttons with Text' by right clicking on it.

Believe me, SW is hearing it about the new interface. I wish they had made the new interface optional. IMO, it should have been something to come out of SW Labs and let those who want to try it try it.

Guest under-dog

Now that I have gotten used to the new interface I like it, I get lost when I help out others in the office now still on '07 as the interface was far too random.

I never do it myself because I use the feature tree alot but I am able to right click a feature and select to edit it.

Are there new icons? I havent forund any new tools myself yet in '08 and therefore new icons. Can you run a list of new tools you have found so I can seek them out and give them a whirL.

Thanks

Guest chris nobles

the whole UI is so frustrating if youre a bit of an irratic 'fast mouse clicker'...exiting features, rearranging tree items - you definatly have to be more careful with your mouse.

Guest pilgrimarse

if u right click on a feature it comes up with the editing options in a semi transparent box, that turns becomes fully visible when u move your cursor over it.

when u right click on the feature that menu also comes up above the other menu

does any one know how to bring up the materials editor box in photoworks 2008 i did have it all working but somehow it changed!

Guest under-dog
if u right click on a feature it comes up with the editing options in a semi transparent box, that turns becomes fully visible when u move your cursor over it.

when u right click on the feature that menu also comes up above the other menu

does any one know how to bring up the materials editor box in photoworks 2008 i did have it all working but somehow it changed!

Just like all the other tool bars. Go to: Menu-tools-->customize-->commands--->photoworks and drag it to the toolbar

Guest under-dog
the whole UI is so frustrating if youre a bit of an irratic 'fast mouse clicker'...exiting features, rearranging tree items - you definatly have to be more careful with your mouse.

My icons have all stayed the same size(small). The feature manager tree as well has not changed in size or layout. I am a very fast clicker as well and havent had issues.

You can change your button size of you icons by right clicking on of the tool bas and selecting "use large buttons with text". That should give a bigger target to hit as well as text to help with the unknown icons issue mentioned earlier.

Guest pilgrimarse

sorry i wasnt very clear before i have photoworks loading up no problem, but when it does load everything is set as the default plastic, when i go to change the material type i cant get the material browser to come up, it used to come up when i clicked on appearance.

now i have to go through windows explorer to change it to a different material.