Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lilith

Ellipse Templates

Guest Lilith

hi everybody, i was (and still am) trying to find ellipse template set (preferably set of 15 maybe, with think to thick ellipses), can anyone help me please? maybe you know any online shops or something? i am in uk.

thanks.

Guest demha

hi Lilith, I'm also searching for an ellipse template sets.. i've found them on refuelled.com, a uk based websites that sells design supplies. The only downside being that they cost 65 bloody quid for a 'small' set of 15 (less than A3 sketching). the 'large' set is also 15 pieces which costs 99 quid! (sketching A3 or above).

There are american websites that offer the same products for nearly half the price, but once they arrive here, you might have to pay extra in taxes, i dunno. Dickblick.com *snicker* is one of them..

I'm thinking of buying the set from refuelled, but i'm not sure yet. goodluck anyways.

I really don't see why ellipse guides are that expensive. If your school's workshop is equipped with a laser cutter, perhaps you can make your own? :D

I might just have been lucky, but i found a set of 25 used templates on ebay for $45 (that included both ellipses, ship curves, french curves, triangles and so on).

I searched for ellipses, stencils, drawing templates and rulers I think.

/tbroen

Guest Lilith

demha yes i saw the sets on refuelled, not that i can afford it! :( dont want to buy from usa because its not environmentally friendly to ship :(

engio thanks for that, i might try making my own, not sure about quality though :D

tbroen, yes you have been really lucky :)

i guess will just keep on searching :ermm:

Guest demha

lol^ cheer up!

I've tried making my own once.. but since i didnt have access to laser cutters, I printed ellipses in all degrees on A4 paper, and whenever I need them, i jst slip the paper underneath the marker paper and trace the ellipse. Not as effective as having a template but it works okay.

Guest iD34

Hi,

I am based in the UK as well - I bought mine over the internet fromt the USA (from Timely) a while back. For some reason in the US they are cheap and the UK are absurdly expensive :

Timely

hope it helps !

WARHEAD@iD34

Guest Lilith

iD34 thanks a lot for the link :) wish it was ik Uk though :/ seems that i will have no way but to buy it from Timely.

ID34 and how long it took to ship? btw, i took a look at your portfolio, amazing! hope you will upload more stuff soon :good:

Guest A17

I have a bunch of templates given to me by someone and most were useless, haha. I bought a meium sized ellipse set for about 8$ CAD, it's @#$@#$ pricey, go to an art store and expect a even higher price.

At my construction class, there's a whole bunxch of templates i really found useful, i borrowed some i never returned it. It's been like a year too, haha. But even now, I don't use them much.. i'm too much in love with freehanding perfection.

Guest Lilith

A17 if you dont use your templates, then maybe you may consider selling those to me? :blush:

Guest iD34

Hi Lilith,

They were fairly quick, (for coming from America) but i bought a whole set from about 15-75ish degrees for about £20 and a small ellipse template for £3 with different sizes and degrees in the one. In London I saw a similar set for £100+

they are useful, but I usually work out the angle of the ellipse manually and just use the templates to sharpen it in a sketch....

Guest Lilith

iD34 thanks for reply, the website was really good

erveeken sounds interesting, why dont you open a new topic and show us your product? :P

demha yes i saw the sets on refuelled, not that i can afford it! :P dont want to buy from usa because its not environmentally friendly to ship :(

I kinda doubt you'll find some made locally. I could be wrong though, but doesn't most of this stuff ship from China?

Guest Lilith

tbh i am not sure, it well might be ... cash68 you are always very optimistic, i am very curious to meet you one day :D