Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Toyomojo

Your Sketches

Guest Toyomojo

Hey there,

First up I'd like to intro myself. My name is Jose and I'm currently studying Product Design at S.I.T. Design Centre in Sydney (Australia), I've had a thing for drawing since I was young and though this would be my opportunity to make something out of it (and out of myself) within this field.

I jsut wanted to comment on how great your sketches are! I've been having a peak at some of you guys' work and it's fantastic! As for me, my work is real amateur so I'm hoping to build up my skills... got any tips?

Cheers

Jose

post-23-1108972811.jpg

Guest Toyomojo

Oooh BTW that was just a simple render for someone that wanted me to design a bodykit for their Impreza WRX lol.. and here was a flyer I was designing for an event this weekend ;)

post-23-1108973239.jpg

Guest Mikedesign

Hello Toyomojo!

The best tips is the oldest one! Practise makes perfect.

Honest you drawingskills, that´s very important. And always look around you, reflect upon things in your surrondings. Observe light, shadows, reflection, why somethings attract your eye more than other things?

Also try to keep an broad view, try to find intresst on many types of design, art, architecture, graphics etc. Seek inspiration far from your subject, it will only make it more exciting!

Regards

Mikael