Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest captain quattro

world automotive car design contest

Guest captain quattro

hi i also particepated at the canadian international autoshow car contest wich starlion from this forum won, congreatulations by the way

would be cool to have some comments

link to my entry

Patience :huh: I looked at it briefly because to be honest it is getting a bit late here and I want to watch some tv, but what I noticed is that the front bottom red body panel might get in the way when you enter/exit the vehicle.

I like the hinged steering solution you came up with, I like stuff like that.

Perhaps with a bit less flashy styling it would look a bit more attractive (not so sportsbike in your face).

A very nice project!

Guest nonex.nl

Nice entry! Before I'll comment on the design a lesson my former ceo learned me:

NO JOKES IN YOUR PRESENTATION!

You have some excellent rendering and designing skills, but now my attention went to the skeleton in the x-ray image and some dummies pushing a car out of the way. You want to communicate your design and your designing skills? Then don't show me something else.... Your qualities stand out, and let your qualities do the talking.

Somehow you have a beautiful talent to seek project on the edge of 'cool stuff' (like the skateboard-thing) and at the same time do not overdesign them. Quit often these 'futuristic' or very cool project get a little bit lost in overdesigned stuff.

Yours doesn't. It appears as a very functional and technical well developed product in the range of 'cool ideas'. This gives it a very realistic look.

Your materials are awesome and the level of detail is very good.

The second panel has quit a lot of text. Especially on the internet people tend to read less and faster than on paper. Content is king, and as short as possible.

The foruth panel is a lot better: short pieces of text, explaining what I see.

Very nice work!

Guest SEANT

Very polished and entertaining presentation.

I've always loved the idea of a "personal" transport. And your design looks like it would fit the bill nicely. My sence is the articulating front canopy may be too complex to fit into such a tight package, but, if it could be done, it would be cool indeed.

By the way . . . is that a lambo those crash test dummies are pushing?

Sean

Guest captain quattro

Thanks so far for your comments and yes it is a lambo they push out .

Maybe i tried to be too entertaining with this presentation.

I made this car for a little company which is called jetcar.

They produce the "jetcar", a ecological car on base of a smart.

The flea could be a solution for this very small company to build an ecological

car based on their own technic.

Guest celticsun

:) I thought the car looked nice,

but I am the fan of illusion, I would have placed the car in a photo of an exotic location, or old world..... try it for the fun of it. At least it show as a real posibility in the real world of things. Great job on the design!

celticsun