Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cypo

---new Skyline ----

Guest Stratiegery01

Cool! I would have liked to see more sketches however to see how the design developed. The color renderings are good, but the shadows and highlights need more work I think. Color should not have edges, it should blend into eachother to create a smooth surface. On the Skyline, it appears that there are more sharp panels on the body than there should be. The last rendering near the hood of the car, this is most prevailent.

Good work!

I think theres some really nice stuff going on with the renderings...but with that said, the underlying drawing has some really big perspective issues that ruin it.

For your front 3/4 - you can see the whole greenhouse (top area) of the car is kind of blobby - the far side A pillar goes straight into the hood line, but is completely different on the opposite side. Also you've drawn the side of the car going straight to the ground and it wraps around the wheels - makes the car look too tall.

Try drawing your line work over another car with similar proportions as an underlay. Will give you the existing wheels to work from and then you can go from there. Will help you learn to keep your perspective in line a little bit more.

Guest tombuttigieg

Nice render, however I think skyline would be less curvy, like the new gt-r that is all hard edges like the original, I see a skyline as butch, something that if you saw tearing down towards in your rear-view you would want to move out of the way. just my opinion, this is more a sleek coupe reminds me of a audi TT.

You need to practice drawing wheels, those are pretty horrid. The car itself doesn't really say 'skyline' to me at all, since they're usually a very masculine design, and yours is quite feminine. I see hints of an Alfa 8C, and maybe a solstice....but not a skyline.

Also, other problems with your sketches are that they aren't the same, from one sketch to another. In one sketch, the lower half of the door area/side of the car is very sharp and low. On the other sketch, it's very curvy and it raises up in the middle. The frontal sketch loses the profile of the car from the hood to the windshield to the roof, instead it's just sorta a wet noodle type of line that doesn't really tell me anything. Same goes for the rear sketch with the canopy/hood interaction.

You have some solid skills in rendering, but I think you need to work on your perspective, sketch quality, and wheels to really take a step forward. Good luck!

Guest P3NGU1N

One tip. Be very careful with iconic cars. People worship cars like the GT-R (I believe they've left the skyline sedan platform and made it an independant platform now. It is no longer the Skyline GT-R, it is simply GT-R) and some may take changes albeit.... personally.

With that said I think that most would agree that this doesn't look like a direction that the GT-R would take within the next 10 years or so. If you just look at the silhouette it reminds me more of the Mitsu Eclipse because of the rounded body. Take a look at past skylines and the latest GT-R renderings. They're all very grounded, heavy set cars that seem to just hug the ground. Though your vehicle may be low, I'm not sure that it conveys the masculine features that depict the GT-R.

On another note, I do enjoy your renderings, however, I would suggest a better underlay to go with it. A good rendering with bad perspective still comes out to a bad drawing.

Guest RonLee

Nice rendering of sketches.

However, i find that skyline needs to be more fierce and cool looking.

yours somehow does not have the skyline identity

the curvyness somehow is too much and thus spoiling the overall features and character of a skyline.

continue to work on it. hope to see the modified one soon.