Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bgp3te

Jaguar Car Accessory

Guest bgp3te

Hi there, this is a recent project for uni, we had to design an accessory to fit in the front of the S-type jag, and it had to relfect the styling and ethos of the jaguar brand. This is what I came up with, the rails slide sideways to reveal leather pockets which hang in between....

Just wondered what everyone thought, and if theres any improvment I can make for my next hand in. Critisize as much as you like! Thanks, Pete

post-8964-1197771585.jpg

Looks good, nice render. I would prefer to see the interior shot bigger.

Also would like to see point form of What it is? How does it work? Why does it matter?

In terms of ethos and branding, it doesnt really say Jaguar to me. It is rather a bit sharp and straight and not elegant and organic like the car. But I do like it.

Guest sketch
In terms of ethos and branding, it doesnt really say Jaguar to me. It is rather a bit sharp and straight and not elegant and organic like the car. But I do like it.

I agree - I personally would have echoed the front grill of the Jaguar into the this design - keeping the curve, and the mesh. I know its obvious - but it would be keeping in with the style.

Nonetheless, nice renders.

Guest yodesign

+1

Keep on stainless steel rails, but thinner, and with more curves. But don't put a small scale model of the grill!

Anyway it's a good and practical idea!