Product Design Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bowlofnoodle

Sketch Challenge 19: Super Soaker, December - January 2008

Thanks to bngi. This month's topic is 'Super Soaker'.

Check out the Super Soaker Transformer Water Shooter from Hasbro. This is one bad ass toy.

post-282-1197346516.jpg

Please all participate and have some fun by designing one mayhem of a water shooting toy.

Guest vapnet

heres one that looks too cartoonish I think. Is it because I`ve used too thick black out lines?

post-6582-1197376221.jpg

Guest lagalletaloca

WELL HERE ARE MINE....

IM GETTING THE IDEA OF ONE BIG JAVELIN.... ONE BIG SHOT OF WATER TO KILL ALL UR FRIENDS....

VERY MACHO THING... JAAJAJAJAJAJA :lmao:

soaker1.jpg

soaker2.jpg

heres one that looks too cartoonish I think. Is it because I`ve used too thick black out lines?

Yeah I think that's the reason, I like the curved tubing btw. If the lines were half as thick they would still be thick enough I think.

Guest bgp3te

heres mine, I'm new to rendering on photoshop, so its a bit dodge, but xmas break now, so practise makes perfect!

post-8964-1197744364.jpg

hi everyone.

new here.

introducing myself with my 1st work.

I chose NERF as my brand.

which i feel is a valid choice, since it is also owned by HASBRO.

As of now, im juss styling, no real concept at the moment.

ideation1rk5.jpg

Guest LeoTaka

Hi all, happy new year!

I am new here, seems like someone's holding an exam in this classroom, cool! I may join as well.:D

Guest ryan.manty

Just started, but wanted to get some feedback before the end! This is a super-soaker vest with front pocket for nades (water balloons) and back tanks for pressurized guns which can also rest in the holder.

Any opinions on the concept?

Any advice on sketching?

P.S. Great session! I'll be scanning in more polished drawings as as they come (instead of quick photos).

post-13357-1199392625.jpg

hey ryan.manty, fun concept! sketch looks a bit vague to me. did you a scanner or camera for capturing?

and if you have photoshop or similar software, then i suggest to make the background white.

Here is mine:

post-1-1200128333.jpg

Tools: Ballpen, fineliners, pencil, markers and texture samples

Nice linework. Perspective is a little iffy near the front, and the shading is really flat. I'd trace the linework and do another rendering to push that, 3 dimensionally. Right now all the orange is pretty much the exact same tone.

It's because of your line weight. It's all over the place. Next time make the bottom edge of everything darker and thicker. Also, your light source is also all over the place. Sometimes you've placed it toward the right, othertime toward the left.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.