Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest gilty

ancient history/test post....

Guest gilty

thumbnail sketches for an optical sensor - dry product, but I feel these quick thumbs were pretty lively.

i would estimate that approx. 85% of the sketching I do is near this flavor. Perspective and form are dead nuts on, black-grays-white, but color typically waits until 3D modelling/rendering. (probably not a good thing - another habit I must break)

chSketches.JPG

Yeah, I usually do little thumbnails like this as well, but usually a little bit larger, so that I can add some quick tones. I usually add some 40% and 80% grey to illustrate form a bit more.

I would try to not use the pen itself to colour surfaces though, if you use a lighter grey for the dark areas, you will still be able to see the pen lines underneath, which will make sure that you still can see the form of that surface.

Guest gilty

These are shrunk to fit the posted image, but were created near scale, as the object is roughly 1"wx1.5"hx.5"d.

The client was never shown these in any detail; after generating a few dozen, I then narrowed it down to markered versions. (will post if I can find them...)

Here is the original product: (not the latest Bluetooth wifi gizmo, but it pays the bills!)

SMsensor.gif