Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest explicited

Kenneth - Portfolio

Guest Jay08

Hi kenneth,

Not a bad folio considering you re looking for an internship. I ve seen worse from graduates.

However, i think you need to highlight a need for your products. You cant just say there is one! I appreciate its hard to do so with uni projects but a simple picture and a quote showing a user in need and it makes the project so much more substantial!

Also, did you optimise the coffee grinder or any of your projects in CAD or for manufacture....Show it! Potential employers will love it.. Show a bit of FEA and manufacturing simulations and you ll stand out from the rest! Even if these are at a basic level, it shows that you are eager to learn and not afraid of getting out of depth a little.

Final point...Though your skecthes are better than most! id work on getting them tidy.

Work on the perspective and line quality.Maybe use markers to make them pop and include some development ones aswel, not just functional ones!

Hope this helps!

Guest explicited

Hey Jay, thanks for the feedback!

I'll work on that. Yeah I did some drafting in Rhino for the coffee grinder, never thought of putting it up though.

I agree my sketching needs to be more tight. Looks like it'll be more sketching sessions ahead!

aw man . the moment i saw kopi.

i was liek GENIUS!

are u korean or know a korean friend?

cuz it sounds like a korean fob tryin to say coffee.

and i was ike please tell me its a coffee related product.

and it was!

loving it.

Guest explicited

Haha, thanks.

I'm from Singapore, and kopi is like the Singaporean slang for coffee. Thought it would make a nice name for the coffee grinder. :)

Guest Yusi

you gotta practice your sketch more, dude... it was awful. no offense, i just wanna be frank.

Guest Lilith

nice portfolio, i like everything :) apart from the doodles sketches, imo some of the doodles are quite nice and some are mmm not really, so i think you should leave few good ones, rather than lots of avarage ones

Guest explicited

K, points noted. Most of the sketches was done when I was in year 1. I do have some better sketches but lack the time to compile them properly. Anyway, yeah I do need to practice my sketching more.