Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gappie

Sketching: Drawing Techniques For Product Designers

Guest Dugan

I'm still looking for a good beginners book of step by step instruction, ideally tailored to product design.

Any help??

Guest Austin Brown

the title is "sketching" and it has a very reddish color and blue spine. It's probably in the book store on this site.

Guest Dugan
the title is "sketching" and it has a very reddish color and blue spine. It's probably in the book store on this site.

You aren't suggesting that for a completel beginner are you?

Guest p waddy

I was looking for the same a few months ago. If you want a beginners book, the one i got was called rapid viz and it is really good i think. I also have sketching: drawing techniques for product designers, ive rented design sketching from the library and i personally think drawing techniques for product designers is better as it has a lot more.

Rapid Viz is good because it explains how to do things, where as the other books i mentioned are good for when you understand the basics, to use as reference.

My sketching was very poor just before christmas, its still not great but there are dramatic changes, and thats from practicing and using a lot of the tutorials on the ID sketching website.