Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gappie

Sketching: Drawing Techniques For Product Designers

Guest MKS

I think this book is better than "design sketching"

If you are looking for step-by-step tutorial, this book is not designed for that learning purpose.

But you can find some really important concept inside "Sketching: Drawing Techniques for Product Designers"

This book emphasis on using sketch as a design tool, and showing technique for different design intention.

If you are looking for a step-by-step tutorial book, the following one is nice.

Mechanika: Creating the Art of Science Fiction with Doug Chiang (Paperback)

http://www.amazon.com/Mechanika-Creating-S...ref=pd_sim_b_13

why is there another thread on this topic?with alot of replies

Thanks for noticing. I have merged these two similar threads in one thread.

Guest patywagon

any tutorials or tablet sketches in this book? like design sketching?

Guest iMagxz

Could anyone suggest one of these books for step by step instruction on techniques?

Which would be best. Design Sketching or Sketching: Drawing Technique for Product Designers?

Guest Aaron@Melbourne

This is a great book. If you're trying to find it in Australia check out

www.publishedart.com.au

Got some in stock as of Oct '08

Awesome range of books for IDers. Super fast post too.

Too bad the store is in Sydney not Melbourne.

Guest eco id

I too originally ordered this book through Amazon like a great deal of the others, only to receive numerous monthly emails stating the book was still on backorder. Finally I became feed up with waiting and tried to order the book through Books-a-million, which was another a bad choice. A few days after I placed my order with Books-a-million I received a "We're sorry, but this book is no longer available statement." Then I received an email from Product Design Forums stating that the store was selling markers. I was curious as to what else they were selling and noticed the book was for sale, but it was currently out of stock. I checked back on Sunday and it was in stock so I placed my order. Today I received an email stating that my order was received and the book was sent via China Post, which will take 1 - 2 months... 1 - 2 months... are you kidding me! I sure hope its delivered in 1 month, not 2. My company here in the USA sends samples to Asia on a regular basis and they're delivered to the factory typically in 4 - 6 days. This book better be in English.

I was curious as to what else they were selling and noticed the book was for sale, but it was currently out of stock. I checked back on Sunday and it was in stock so I placed my order. Today I received an email stating that my order was received and the book was sent via China Post, which will take 1 - 2 months... 1 - 2 months... are you kidding me! I sure hope its delivered in 1 month, not 2. My company here in the USA sends samples to Asia on a regular basis and they're delivered to the factory typically in 4 - 6 days. This book better be in English.

You had chosen for 2nd class shipping method, which is the most cheapest method but yes the slowest one.

We have 2 options for shipping, the 1st class shipping option is very fast (5-8 business days) but more expensive.

Shipping info is stated in:

http://www.productdesignforums.com/shop/in...Doc&docId=5

Yes the book is in English

Please use this thread for discussions about the book. For order inquiries, please email shop@productdesignforums.com

Guest jjdemery

Just bought myself a copy from Borders, what a fantastic book a must for anybody involved in ID or PD.

Guest Zaqintosh

Anyone know where I can reliably order this book in the USA (or online, TO the USA)? Or better yet, a local bookstore in San Francisco??

Thanks!

Guest uncy_chris

Anyone know where I can get this book at a decent price? Amazon UK and the forum store are both sold out. I don't mind second hand, but can't find any on eBay.