Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cédric Blanc

Cedric Blanc - Portfolio

Guest lookdadnotunes

Hi and welcome o the site...

I think you need to give some explanation of what we are looking at.

At the moment its just a bunch of photos.

a few of which I have absolutely no idea of what they are.

Just a thought, the mini skateboard thing, showing someone bleeding modelling your product probably isn´t the best idea you know. Doesnt make me want to try it out much!

Without a little background information on the work its quite hard to critique anything. I think with some text it will make a lot more sense and improve it vastly.

Guest Cédric Blanc

Thanks, I updated it taking your comments into consideration.

I hope it makes more sense now.

Tell me if I need more text.

Guest Lilith

well you said context stays the same but i think that you should change the context rather then the arrangements...

from November you didnt add any single sketch to your portfolio, i think you should work more on quantity and quality of yor works. good luck

ps. i noticed this is your only 3 posts around the forum and all about your own website :lol: very selfish from you :) if everyone else were like you, you wouldnt get any feedbacks, so i think you know what i mean

Guest Cédric Blanc

Point taken.

There's a few more renderings now. The projects that I've done are more technical and I don't have much material to show recently.

Guest caspar

Maybe you can show the way to the finished object. Without the process it looks like you just copied it in 3D.

I also tried Flamingo - but got better results with V-Ray for Rhino or Cinema 4D - just a suggestion.

If you are not able to draw or sketch your ideas (I have not seen a single drawing) you can use Cinema 4D Sketch and Toon. I faked some sketches with this tool.

post-19815-1205172901.jpg

Guest Jay08

Thats a terrible idea caspar...if you cant sketch well then learn. Skecthing i just the process of putting ideas down on paper.Its as simple as that! It s no good pretending to have skills. Id rather see a poor sketch than a dodgy CAD trace or effect. I think most people will agree...

lets see some sketches meng.

seriously.

final renders are good and all.

but as a product designer.

your main purpose isnt to show off cool renderings.

its to state a problem and show a possible solution

and sketches help u communicate your idea.

Guest caspar

Same opinion - the better you stetch - the better you think

This was just a back door solution.

In this special case a rendering is to close to the final idea - therefore easyer to criticise.

A sketch is more open so you can focus on the basic idea behind the work and one can not argue about details.

If you do not have any sketches to show your design process, one of many possible ways is to fake some afterwards.

I admit this is not the best way, but it is one.

please excuse my phrasing - I tried to offer help and not ideology - and english is not my mother tongue

Guest Cédric Blanc

Ok, I know I need to insert some sketches in there. However I am a bit of a perfectionist and my drawings are somewhat quite personal and most of all technical. I don't feel they would be an attractive feature in my portfolio.

I will start producing sketches daily (to complete my current projects) just for the hell of it and hopefully do it properly in the future (while developing designs).

Thanks for the comments, it's much apprecieated.

Guest Cédric Blanc

Ok, quick update.

I finaly inserted some drawings.

Guest Jay08

developing quite nicely.

Just a suggestion, be more selective when gathering the contents for your web folio. Show the best of what you ve got and not too much of it..if that makes sense. I amazing render is mych better than 10 average ones!

Sketches seem nice but dont be too afraid to make them large!

Guest Cédric Blanc

Hello, it's been a while since I last posted.

I'm now on my final year of Sports product design.

Tell me what you think thanks for your support :)

Cedric

Guest JMAG

Excellent layout, I dont know how it looked like when you first posted but I like the functionality of your site, especially that you can use keys.

Nice to see some sketches in there, I would try to make them more fluid, try overlapping.

Nice to see the progression of ideas in your sketches like in the frame adapter.