Welcome To The Dit Forum

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_68 lost souls_*

Guest_68 lost souls_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2007 - 06:08 PM

Hello,

welcome to the Dublin Institute of Technology section of the Product Design Forums.

Product Design is still a relitively new course in D.I.T. with the first class graduading earlier this year (2007). This space is an oppurtunity for current students to discuss projects and other works. Hopefully this will become a place of guidance where students right throughout the 4 years of the ciurse and even as they progress into their carears can aid each other or give advice.

Also, we would like to welcome any visitors to this sectino who may wish to ask for advice on anything to do with Product Design and especially to with the Product Design course.

Here is a link to the overview of the course (DT001 Bsc. in Product Design)

http://www.dit.ie/DI...es08/dt001.html

#2 Guest_Land Pirate_*

Guest_Land Pirate_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2008 - 11:46 PM

haha i dont think anybody is coming niall! :D

#3 Guest_acousticer01_*

Guest_acousticer01_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2009 - 01:32 AM

Hello,

welcome to the Dublin Institute of Technology section of the Product Design Forums.

Product Design is still a relitively new course in D.I.T. with the first class graduading earlier this year (2007). This space is an oppurtunity for current students to discuss projects and other works. Hopefully this will become a place of guidance where students right throughout the 4 years of the ciurse and even as they progress into their carears can aid each other or give advice.

Also, we would like to welcome any visitors to this sectino who may wish to ask for advice on anything to do with Product Design and especially to with the Product Design course.

so what's the course like?I'm considering doing it this year!
Actually what are job opportunities like after we graduate?Are they affected by the recession?

#4 Guest_68 lost souls_*

Guest_68 lost souls_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:21 PM

Hello,

so what's the course like?I'm considering doing it this year!
Actually what are job opportunities like after we graduate?Are they affected by the recession?

Hi sorry for only getting back to you now. Im sure you may have already started a course now. The course is really great, intense but great. It covers a range of subjects from business to design and engineering. Basicly it will set you up with the knowledge to enter any area of the product design and development sector wether its purely designing, project management, or more.

As with everything at the moment there is not a huge amount of opprtunity with the recesion but one area which is greatly increasing in demand is medical design. In forth year there is a module on medical design which is very interesting and there are many medical device companies in Ireland.

You start off with the basics of modal making with geometric shapes and finish up with a final year project of your own choice which envoorporates everything from market research, to sketching, to business projections and even prototyping and tooling.

Its a long hard 4 years and expect to loose a lot of sleep but its worth it. I went into the course not knowing if it was what I should do, never having done any sort of art or drawing in secondary school and ended up with design taking over my whole life pretty much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors: