Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Aleksey

Vm Shyrbid (it's A Car)

Guest Aleksey

Hi!,

First post here, I'm not really a product designer, hell I'm not really anything. But I've always found it intresting. I noticed other people are posting cars, so I thought i'd post something i recently made.

All the design and vizulaisation is my work, so enjoy.

There aren't really any concept sketches to post, as this was entirely done on the computer. I just drew up some curves and went from there.

rollcopyxo6.jpg

Cheers,

Vozzz

Very nice, but it's proportions and 'soft design' make it look more like a child's toy than a real car. Still, awesome style and great rendering! What did you use to create it, and to render it?

Guest Aleksey

Thanks for the foodback. I guess it kinda looks like a childs toy. But I reckon if you drove up to some expensive night club in it, it would turn a few heads.

I made it in cinema4d, and rendered it in vray.

Be careful about the proportions. Most cars have 3 wheel widths in between the wheels. Your's looks to have...almost 1.5 wheels, so it's super stubby. If you stretched it out it would look a lot more sporting.

Sketching is seriously important for car design, as it lets you work out a lot of different designs in a much smaller time than you possibly could in CAD.

Guest Mark Beckman

I think part of it looking like a childs toy is the colour, its too darn shiny! Try a flatter, more realistic colour and lengthen the guts say 20%.

Guest iliffe

Hi mate.

Yeh the same problem of the whole childs toy image is the main i think.

The overall design isnt too bad, however i think with some tweaking and stretching could look alot better.

Did you think about the headlights atall? because they look so drab and boring! try chucking in a new and fresh design to really capture people into your design.

Peace.

Guest hpy

I agree with turbofrog, stretch it out, it looks too stubby.

As for the headlights, i like them, it gives the car a menacing look.

Guest Aleksey

Thanks for all the feedback guys. It's amazing how much it varies from forum to forum. I mean on cg forums, msot of the people jsut complain about the wierd reflection on the door :D

Many people have told me to stretch it out, but unfortunately to properly stretch it out, i would have to re-make practically the entire thing, so i might as well just make a new car.