Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest w i l l

Heal Edges - Solidworks

Guest w i l l

Can someone give me a visual example of what this tool does? I've read a bit on it but cant see any changes to my model when its applied.

Thanks.

Guest MER

I can't easily give a visual explanation but basically it makes 1 edge out of multiple edges. You'll notice at times that if you click on an edge only part of the edge highlights where it's obvious it should be 1 continuous edge. The 'Heal Edges' command will try to make it so. It's helpful when you're having trouble filleting or face related commands. NOTE: When using the command if you select a face and it doesn't highlight SW is telling you it doesn't detect an edge it can heal.

mer

Guest under-dog

I hope this simple example gives you an idea of how it works.

It attempts to heal segmented but tangent edges together.

For some reason they ordered backwards

post-12019-1195353727.jpg

post-12019-1195353732.jpg

One way to avoid having to use this is to use the fit spline tool to make a single spline from arcs and lines - gives better surface quality. Heal edges is also used when you get errors in the part or for some import functions.

Guest tede

this tool is also useful if you are importing a file from another program eg pro e. if you inport as a body, sometimes htere are holes in the surface created, this can be used to fix hte holes swiftly and easily.

tede