Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest yeddeync

Why do you want to become an Industrial Designer?

Guest yeddeync

This is a simple question that I think we should all be able to answer if asked. Could you answer this if someone asked you?

"why not? It beats working in the sewers..."

But seriously, for me it's the combination of doing something technical combined with real creativity.. this is what makes it interesting for me, pure mechanical work would bore the pants out of me, but I wouldn't be satisfied with just styling.. To come up with something clever, something people will want to use, to be some kind of inventor perhaps.. that's what makes it interesting for me (and there are probably tons of other reasons.. the field is so diverse, another big plus :lol: )

Guest A-Line

One of the biggest attractions is the diversity of the work. You can be working on an electronic device one day, a hand tool the next, furniture, cars, etc. etc. Each new project is a learning experience and a chance to become an expert in something new.

Guest d51

i love to create, tho engineering is boring tho it pays well, design is fun tho it doent pay much n jobs are remote, product design is in the middle :blink:

indeed.. diversity and creativity are the most appealing elements in industrial design. engineering problems can be really fun/challenging, but it can also be frustrating :D