- - - - -

Temporary Axis In Solidworks

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Benjy_*

Guest_Benjy_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:09 PM

Many is the time I am in need of using the Temporary Axis function in Solidworks to mate a threaded screw, or a spring to a hole. Almost equally as many times is the Temporary Axis greyed out . What are the requirements needed in order to have the option of using the Temporary Axis tool?
Thanks,
Benjy

#2 Guest_slowhand_*

Guest_slowhand_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2007 - 03:50 PM

Hi Benjy,
I'm not sure what you're asking...
The temporary axis are document specific. If you want to see them in all your documents it would be the easiest way to create a template with temp. axis turned on.

For existing documents I would write a macro to change this for all assemblies...

HTH,
Ralf

#3 Guest_Benjy_*

Guest_Benjy_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2007 - 04:40 PM

Ralf,
Thanks for your response. I am not at a level where I could either make or use a macro, but I am able to make a template file . Where do I find the toggle to turn on the temp axis? I did look in document properties with no luck.
Benjy

#4 Guest_under-dog_*

Guest_under-dog_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2007 - 12:57 AM

temporary axes are axes that are default to a specific geometry.

Example: a cylinder will generate an axis down its center etc. etc.

These are automatically created in a default manner and are always there when a circumstance that might call for a default axis might present itself. I am not sure what all the criteria are for SW to create these but as stated a cylinder is one of those instances.

They however are not always visible.

Go to menu---->view-----> and turn temporary axes on to see all of the temporary axes involved with your geometry. Take a moment to look and see all the other controls there are to globally view and hide certain elements of SW

Temp axes arent always an answer to what you might need but they are sort of an auto wizard that tries to anticipate what you might need and can be a time saver.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors:
Android Tablet
Designer Store