Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ROY

Easy To Use Rendering Program?

Guest ROY

Hi all!

I'm working as a product designer in a large design studio; mainly working with SW2007 and Rhino 4.0 .

I've been looking for an easy to use, high quality photorealistic rendering program (I found Flamingo not good enough).

I saw this one: http://www.bunkspeed.com/hypershot/index.html ,

Played with its' demo and found it very easy to use.

Any other programs around?

Alias Image studio is the easiest, and rather fast. It's good for getting the overall idea across but needs some work if you want to get a really high quality render.

Maxwell Studio is extremely easy to get a photorealistic rendering, but the interface is clumsy and the rendering time is very slow. But it makes up for it in sheer visual quality and its huge material library.

Guest R.B
Maxwell Studio is extremely easy to get a photorealistic rendering, but the interface is clumsy and the rendering time is very slow. But it makes up for it in sheer visual quality and its huge material library.

Not to mention for a render farm, it's one of the best priced license you'll be able to get as it's per box rather than cpu, which quickly makes other products pretty expensive for small studios.

I use Hypershot HD and Maxwell for rendering from SoilidWorks and others. I find that for product design visuals nothing beats Hypershot for speed and ease of use. It is also graphics card independent so the faster your processors the faster it goes. Maxwell is good but for product visuals it can be tricky to set up (compared to HS). For anything that needs a lighting set up (like an interior view) Maxwell is the better bet.

Guest Ro881e

Try out Vray. The instruction manual is really easy to read through, and tells you everything! Works with rhino too. A couple of hours and you will have photorealistic renders no problem.

Guest lookdadnotunes
I second vray. There are a couple of easy tuts online that will get you photorealistic really quickly.

are these on the chaos group home page or other specfic ones. If you'e got any links to good vray tutorials it would be most useful.

I've just started to use vray, and although i'm getting fairly good results any good tutorials would be handy.

Guest lookdadnotunes

cheers for that just taken a look they do look eay to follow and good!

Guest ROY

Thanks' all!

I'll check V-Ray , Sounds good...

The render attached made with: Rhino 3.0 ,Flamingo 1.1 and Uv Eclipse

post-8297-1194214145.jpg

Guest Jay08

Hi Roy,

I did a similar project and rendered in Image Studio...Would you like to see the results to compare software realism?

J

Guest ROY

Sure! Why not?

In fact, how about this idea: Let's use a single common file and each show the result and tell what program / settings he used...

Any one in?

Guest jessesn

I second the Vray too,if you use Rhino to model,then you can use the VrayForRhino,

www.asgvis.com

here you can give some more usefully tutorial about how to correctly use it,in the Asgivs Forums,i can get

a free book ,author is Cafer.J that he is the support engineer of the McNeel,that is a great book to the VrayForRhino

user.

http://asgvis.com/index.php?option=com_docman&Itemid=72

some samples of the book

post-5964-1194512177.jpg

post-5964-1194512247.jpg