Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest designkidd

Carl Liu And His Design Book

Guest lufbrasketch

I haven't recieved it yet, will come in a couple weeks.

I think it has to be his book, I dont think there are any other books that describe his work.

Guest Aaron Christopher

It his his book. I have had it for a while, and it is really picking up speed. Carl Liu is such an inspiration, read the first few pages, it's a direct translation from the contonese version of his book, a little hard to read, because of the translation. He was imbarrased to put his drawings up, and focused to get better, it's a testament for those who work hard, can do what they really want. Drawing and design in my opion have always been second nature, I thought if you weren't born with it forget about it, now my view has changed, it's in every one, they just need to discover it. Carl Liu's book is going to be a must have right there with DesingSketching.

Guest lufbrasketch

Thanks for confirming thats the right book.

Its a shame there aren't more books like this easily available around the world, students (and proffesionals) really need this kind of inspiration to push themselves, like you said Carl does.

Guest Jay08

Hi all,

I am tryin to get hold of Carl Lius design book but havent found a retailer in the UK or Europe. Does any one know where I can get one other than China Youth Press.

Thanks

Well,maybe I can send you a copy from Shanghai, where I am currently working an living. I know it's hard to get one, cause so far as i know, it's only available in Asia. Please PM if you are really interested.

Guest lufbrasketch

Basically Amazon UK was selling them but then stopped for some reason, so after waiting 3 months for it they decided to tell me they couldn't get it....

Haha, I feel bad cause I was the one who told you about amazon having it :)

waikit, couldn't you get 20-30 copies for the PDF store? I'm sure you wouldnt have a problem selling those even with markup to cover the shipping from China.

The PDF store is not completely ours :)

Currently, I do not have the time to find out where to get multiple copies with discount.

I am just able to buy it directly from a bookstore for now.

Guest Jay08

cheers guys for your help...i ll look into it a bit more but thansk waikit...I might be in touch!

Whats Shangai like btw? I have a friend out in china doing a placement at the moment!

Well, Shanghai is a very interesting city. If you have the chance to do an internship, then go for it. You will definitely like this place. By the way, Carl Liu is working in Shanghai and I might have the chance to meet him, since my bosses know him very well and a colleague of mine is a member of the Shanghai Design Club, that organizes activities like sketch evenings with Carl Liu.

Carl Liu was in my office yesterday, but to he stayed too short to talk to him :)

Anyways, any more people who are interested to receive his book? I'm going to send a couple of copies coming weekend, so if you want me to send yours as well, then let me know by PM so that I can buy some more in advance.

Guest design_addict84

Man thats a shame you never had a chance to speak to him, plus he could have signed the book for me..joking lol.

Thanks again Waikit for doing this!

Yeah a shame. Just was to busy with things and I didn't notice that he was here until my boss told me that.

The first batch of copies are sent to you guys. Let me know when you have received it.

I still have 3 more extra copies here. So let me know when you want a copy.