Product Design Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest RAVSTA

Need Help Pleaseee ! Everyone :)

Guest RAVSTA

Hello everyone, i am currently doing my second year of Alevel and as usal it can be anything to make for a project i am BLAnk in my mind about exactly what to do for my second year but i had come up with a greatttt idea until my teacher boke it all but lets put that to a side and my idea is to design a tool box type of storage unit that can do the following :

- Portable

- hold stationary

- For a student

- material would be some wood like oak and some metal use.

- has other features

So generally someting like that.... if anyone has any other idea's they think would be greatt pleaseeee pelasee pleasee tell me :)

also who ever is in univercity atm or have gratudated can leave me a post about their experince of different problems they have had in organiseing their stationary that they need to carry around all the different type of things that a uni design student would need to carry around for lectures and workshop time so i would be sooo happyy if i get a great responce please. that would be a great help.

Thankyou once again !

Guest ishimaru

Does it have to be made out of wood? It needs more Zazz! I was thinking something translucent could be more interesting.

Guest livung

As I student I dont think I would use wood, (would it not be really heavy). Maybe some nifty snazzy plastic with colours would be a better idea.

Guest RAVSTA

Well.. let me jus say why my reason for wood, and update on how far i have thought about it until now .

Why wood?

- Does not have to be wood , in industry if it was being manfufactured in mass then it would be definately moulded

or injected.

- But in my situation the resources are limited, jus getting a chance to make use of laser cutting on plywood and im

thinking of a design pattern for this project, thats just side lines.

- Another thought is that this wood work i can have it made by vacum forming plywood.

I dont know if its wierd about me but i tend to think about how the design would be made befoure expressing a idea and more over to catch more marks for my project i am thinkign of adding some metal work aswell so. if there is anything else about the materail then please do tell me plz plz plz ..

So right now im jus doing idea's when im dne with some sketching ill post them on here :)

Thankyou ..