Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hunor Avalos

[tnmc]™'s Sophy

Guest Hunor Avalos

so... here I go. this is my first sketch that I considered "postable", and I would like to hear comments and critics about it for skill improvements. brand is fictive (tnmc means trainmaniac - that's me...), I named it Anne. greetings from Hungary! post-16122-1192382781.jpg

Guest Andrew Kim

There are issues with proportion and line quality in your sketch. The wheels especially. There seem to be tutorials on this here and there, be sure to check them out. As for your lines, try making them strong, single strokes, instead of short ones; it really reduces the quality of the sketch.

Guest Hunor Avalos

here I go again... I think, for me, being 16, this is a good one... but forums stand for opinions of others, so if you please...

post-16122-1192543537.jpg

Check out http://www.carbodydesign.com as well as http://archive.cardesignnews.com/studio/tutorials/index.php

Both have great tutorials on how to improve your skills. You've got a decent start, but my first suggestion would be to ditch the #2 pencil. Practice sketching in pen. It will force you to start learning how to make strong, confident lines. Right now your lines are very scratchy and all the same thickness. You don't want your door cut to be as thick as the outline of the car, it ends up making things look very flat.

Also, I've merged your two posts. Please keep all your sketches in one thread, it will make it easier to update and keep tabs on your progression.

Guest Hunor Avalos

thanks for the pages, I found them very useful. I have one question: how can I rename the topic?? :confused1: :whistle:

Guest Paco

Even if you any paper, using different thickness on the lines gives the sketch a nice look.

oh and a background of dashes or color never fails