Product Design Forums
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Sketch Challenge 18: Iron, October - November 2007

Guest kai-

mmm here's one of my better efforts...

crits would be awesome, i.e where should i shade more to better define the form etc.

post-16321-1194687123.jpg

Nice form and linework kai-, I would prefer to see the ghostline and contours rather then shading. But about shading rubbing it with your figger really gives a more blended effect.

Spenn14 - Draw bigger and more loosely I guess, I have no idea what it looks like in 3D.

Guest Aleksey

Ok, well it isn't all that awsome, and I'm not totally happy with it, i can see a bunch of stuff wrong with it.

But I'd thought i'd post it in the spirit of the community, and get some feedback :)

Cheers

post-17542-1195556695.jpg

Guest sem

funny thing that we had to do an iron for my sketching class as a homework!

I have a cleaner version I started for myself, I'll post it if I ever get time to finish it.

(blue verithin)

1001459yy4.jpg

Ohh that, I used standard BIC - Ultra Round Stic Grip. Nice cheap pen indeed.

Just do a rough sketch on big A3 paper and they do an overlay on top. You need some practice. Go call up your local ID consultancy and say you wanna come in to practice your drawing for about 2 months. Hook us up!

Guest MacPhail

Just a few quick side views of some irons. I was thinking that it would be kind of cool to have a roller on the back of one of these to help pull the fabric tight while you are ironning.

post-420-1196601990.jpg

Guest zoi

Thats Cool! MacPhail

what software do u use...i was curious about the curves...are those guided ones of just freehand?

Guest MacPhail

Hi zoi,

Thanks:) I tend to use alias sketchbook alot. I really like the simplicity of it. The curves are freehand with a Wacom tablet. Usually I zoom out a bit just to make it easier to get them smooth.

Hope this helps.

Guest zoi

Thats great...think practice is the only solution! i do it the same way....sketchbookpro and wacom.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.