Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andrew Kim

Sketch Thread - Andrew Kim

Guest Andrew Kim

AUGUST/17/2008

I got my camera back, but Nikon didn't fix it. SO I HAD TO SEND IT BACK, AND WILL HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER MONTH, SH*T! Here are a few older sketches and renderings taken with my mom's camera. I'm currently working on a cellphone project, and working on my portfolio everyday, so sketches have been a bit thin. I'm working on a step by step sketch as we speak though, so that will be uploaded soon.

s1031034ev5.jpg

- Re-do of the older red coupe, think it's alot better but still too stubby.

s1031035md9.jpg

- First shot had a shoe.

s1031036fo9.jpg

- A rapid sketch done while eating lunch, hence the wonky perspective and crap design.

Guest Crit7171

I think the perspective only looks wonky because of your ellipse work. I'd suggest drawing your ellipses like you did in your 2007 sketches. Not to big like the audi sketch unless your going for that possibly to bulky rolls royce phantom look.

I noticed that the cars had 4 doors but they look as if they were 2 door cars. I know you know this already but for a 4 passenger seat car there's at least 2 1/2 or 3 wheel lengths. A suggestion that would help is draw 5 wheels lightly heading towards the vanishing point.

Loving the bubblyness!

You've got the hard part (the color, linework, and form) down, just work on your proportions. Both your shoe and cars have the same stubbyness to them. Flesh out the basic shape and make sure the proportion looks right from the start, then keep going.

You might even be able to tweak them in photoshop a little bit to correct the scale.

Guest Andrew Kim

AUGUST/17/2008

OK, I FINALLY got my camera back. It is just PATHETIC how it took 3 months for them to replace it. I have always had poor customer service in Canada, but this is just garbage.

Anyways, here are some samples from the past 3 months.

post-11469-1224704980.jpg

post-11469-1224704998.jpg

post-11469-1224705008.jpg

Guest woli

Hi,

Great sketches! That painting makes me feel a little ill... I cant even get that realism in Maxwell!

keep it up

oli

Guest Taro

holy lol i was like.. What..?.. what painting... then i was like o @#$@#$ thats acrylic! amazing amazing!

mind if you tell me which kind of pen you use for your outlining? and have you ever tried verithin? if you havent you should check them out ; )

and whats great about your cars is that they all have a sense of your own style, cool ; )

your watercolor, acrylics are already amazing, your marker render pictures are too, but sometimes your pencil/pen ones looks a little bit messy.

Guest Andrew Kim

Thanks for the replies guys.

Taro, I'll get my hands on verithins. I have a 40% discount coupon for a local art store and it will come in handy.

Also, the painting was such a pain to do. The board that I painted on is about an arms-length long. Took me alot of time, but I think the result is pretty nice. I'll have to go back and add more detail to the keypads though.

I have more paintings and stuff for my portfolio, and I'll post more of them if you guys want. I hesitate posting them since this thread IS for sketches.

Guest Skint

I will mirror the responses already given and commend you on a great job with that acrylic painting. Fantastic level of detail. The way you have managed to portray Chrome in acrylic is super !!

How long did that take you ? I kinda miss painting at school ( a LONG time ago lol ), never really got into acrylics or oils, mainly used Gouache !!

Great Work mate.