Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest scary_fairy2001

Sarah Brayshaw Work Sample

Guest bgp3te

Your work is great! I really like your renderings of the drainer, the one including the sink is pretty nice.

What software do you use for modelling and rendering?

And has that sink image been photoshopped, either for the sink itself or the black lines?

Guest w i l l

I remember you > you somehow became my friend on Myspace a year ago.

Uh digital friends.

Guest bgp3te

aww wow thats pretty amazing, how long did it take to get so good on 3DS? I only know how to use solidworks atm, seems like its definately worth trying out Max!

So have you graduated now then? how did you do?

Guest w i l l
I remember you > you somehow became my friend on Myspace a year ago.

Uh digital friends.

did i now? did u have a design thing on there ? :P

Yeah i did - looks like i just became your 'friend' again today.

Guest bgp3te

wow congrats on the first! bet your well chuffed!

I'm looking for a placement at the moment, finding it quite hard work to be honest, how did u find yours, good experience?

Guest bgp3te

yeah I'm pretty into my course too, it totally helps get the work done! Well atm im looking at working in the midlands, I've rang alot of people, and this week im hoping to print off a few A3 mini folio boards, and post em out with covering letters...

Any job hunting tips?

Guest chris nobles

including lots of sketchwork, anyone can produce a photorealistic rendering these days...

Guest firecracker

Hi there,

I had a little nose at the profile bit on your page.

I turns out we are fellow 1984 offsprings.

I sort of had the long way round with education though, so have only just started 1st year on a product design course now.

Its interesting to think that I couldve been in your position now, all graduated and in the cold world of employment! ;)

I like the idea of a adaptable drainer, the plate rack looks a little wobbly to hold more than a couple plates though!

Youve got some nice looking work there, it looks as though they were designed as presentation boards, am I correct?

You seem to have some good CAD/rendering skills, I especially like the comination of line drawing & full renders.

The combination of the bold graphic design theme and repetitive image style however, I think lets you down a little in a portfolio sense.

It doesnt show your skills & processes used in the many items, making your portfolio seem "less" than it should be.

Although theres a good range of items there which to the prying eye are of high quality and have taken a lot of effort, they can be easily glanced over because of the standard theme.

I think your portfolio would be a lot more exciting if you showed a LOT more sketchwork, and a variety of loose hand renders with your CAD ones. A stronger dispaly of development processes too.

Also more subtle grahpic/layout theme/s which intrigue your viewer and help identify and display the variety of your work/abilities - in an artistic sense aswell as a CAD programming way.

Oh, lastly your pink pants rock :clapping: