Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest vapnet

Wacom Sketches

Guest vapnet

Hello. I`ve got my self a wacom tablet and I would like to post some sketches. Im using painter to make these sketches but I`ve problems to get a nice render... not patient enough I think.

love to get some comments and critisism (not sure about the spelling there)

post-6582-1191749594.jpg

post-6582-1191749618.jpg

Guest vapnet

I have some trouble with my renderings. They always turn out messy and "dirty".

This one for example, I think it looks doll but I dont know why... whats wrong with it?

post-6582-1191754687.jpg

Guest RAVSTA

hey bro which wacom did you use , i want to try and get one myself but cant decide which one to do for really a intuos or bambo which one did you use for those sketches? and you got sme great sketches for first time ;) seriouslyy cool, nice one cheers

Ravsta wacom intuos 3 is the perfect tablet even it is expensive. if you have a notebook get a a5 size if you have money and a work station in your home (a4 is better. the percentage of line quality is increasing with the size I tried...

A5 is acceptable.

also do not think getting a cheap tablet for starting.( I absolutely know you do not want to use the tablet. )

Guest RAVSTA

thankx man everyone is suggesting me to buy that but im not sure to spend that much money really but ill have think about it anywy thankx for your advice cheers ;) thankx again

I suggest you draw on paper with a pen. You need to keep basic one step at a time. You need to produce quality amazing drawing not amazing number of quick doodles that really isn't that useful. Hmm I guess I should say something positive first. I really like the angles and compositions of the page, it just pops out at ya. Highlighting your attributes. Ok back to the point, you need to do something likes this (See below) before people take you seriously. You got to really practive hardcore sketching 5 hrs a day. Do overlays, best trick. Good luck.

http://www.slavasaakyan.ru/project_pics/136.jpg

Guest vapnet

Thank you for grasshoper.. I think?

RAVSTA: its an intous a4 (very expensive(half birthday gift half LIFE savings =)) I love it though.

bowlofnoodle: Thanks for the critisism. I agree on the 5 hrs a day but not my girlfriend =/

I really think I`ve improved on these last days just by sketching on my tablet.

Exactly what do you mean by overlays?

Here`s one that I tried to be a bit more patient with... Ill see if I can manage add some color... Im not sure about the light on the far side. Will it show or not?

post-6582-1191858231.jpg

Guest RAVSTA

wow you can see that your sketchs are getting really great i think its right that you need to have it on paper first and then scan it in and use ur tablet pen to make it much better das the best way i think i do that but i use mouse @ da momoent to draw the lines my self its a bit long lol. yee jus do sme cool sketches on paper and scan them and then edit it and make it digital lol. im just doing dt alevels i might get one soon tooo :)

Careful with the perspective in the last one, it looks like you should be seeing more of the top of the cabin - as it is, it's a bit skewed. And the colouring is very muddy and blurry. When it comes to quick design renders, less is more.