Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest möggel

Portfolio Mikael Axelsson

Guest A-train

He man, another Maxwell lover, you gotta decide what the portfolio is for, graphic design, furniture design or Render monkey jobs. I think you can apply for all 3 but you gotta put some emphasis. The self portrait, I would skip, it doesnt add to the story you wanna tell. Also, page 4 is nothing new, try to see what you can do about that. THe weakest point is your sketches, your strongest, the renders, see if you can get the sketch level up into that ballpark

Maybe make a section, Work.... sketches.... graphics and photography...... makes it more clear for the viewer.

Good luck.

A-train

Guest möggel

Yeah, I think Maxwell is great man.

You’re right about that. The thing is that I did this portfolio because I have applied to the School of Design at Massey University New Zeeland so I have to show them both interior design, photographic design, graphic design and renderings. I have only studied design for 2,5 years, so I feel that I have a lot more to learn. But I guess that it would be a good idea to start put emphasis in furniture design from now on.

You’re probably right about the portraits and page 4 as well. About the sketches I’m aware about that, have to put some more time in the sketching to improve it.

Your sketches is awesome, a lot of stuff I have seen from umeå university is really good. Another thing that I realise when I look at your portfolio is that I don’t show the design process at all, it feels like I’m just showing random images, have to do something about that.

The thing about the sections is also a good idea.

Thanks a lot for your opinions. I will do some changes when I have time.

Bye the way, your portfolio is grate. Keep up the good work.

/ möggel

Guest speedworx

möggel , I think your portfolio is good it shows good work, great ideation skills and most important of all personality.

There is nothing wrong with having other kind of design work in your portfolio, such as photography, graphic design, painting etc, this show more about you as a designer and your talent to create, not just design. As you grow in the design field you will be able to add more to your portfolio but as of now what you r showing is more than great considering your 2.5 years experience in design school.

I disagree with A-train

I think he judges too quick and his opinions are based on what? His sketching is not bad but i dont think is better than yours; and his portfolio lay out nothing i havent seen a million times before. anyway those are just personal opinions

Keep up the good work and keep it personal

A

Guest möggel

Thanks a lot A.

I assume that it’s very personal, what kind of portfolios you like and maybe I have to change the portfolio for different jobs I applie to.

I have bin thinking about the keep it personal part, perhaps that’s more important then having a super nice “common” portfolio, I guess that design studios/companies get a lot of portfolios. If that’s the case, then you should give them something extraordinary, something they have not seen before or a special style that is very unique, I guess again that you just have to go your own way. (I’m not saying that my portfolio is unique, because I don’t think it is, but that’s definitely something I’m going to strive for in the future)

Bye the way, do you have a portfolio A, or some webpage where I can se your work, it would be nice to se what kind of designer that gives me that good crits.

Do you guys think it’s a good idea to put a link in the portfolio to a report that shows the whole design process, background, purpose, aim, project planning, research, concept phase, etc. ?????

I personally think that it’s better to have everything you want to show in one portfolio and no links and other stuff what’s so ever.

/ möggel

Guest MagicFlea

Mikael really nice renderings. Maxwell is not an easy program, so extra points for the hard work.

I think you should try to organise your work in a more precise way. Try to start with sketches, fotograph and them products and renderings.

Anyway, overall nice portfolio.

Cheers

Guest möggel

I guess it’s a good idea to make sections, A-train also told me that. The way I did the layout now, was that I started with the stuff that I like the most, like the newspaper principle, the most interesting stuff in the beginning to keep the reader. Because maybe if you show some “not so good” sketches in the beginning, then maybe the person don’t even bather to look through the hole portfolio. I don’t know what’s best, just a thought. Anyway, sections would probably be a good idea.

Thanks alot for the feedback Ricardo.

Guest möggel

Hey guys! I have updated my portfolio to a web portfolio (11 Sep. 2008); I would appreciate some critique on the content as well as the layout!

my portolio: www.moggeldesign.se

Cheers

Guest mola667

Ey I see u been in the Daifuku Studio ! Me too long time ago. Great guy this Daifuku, isnt it? I recognised the workshop in the photos...Anyway I really like ur style, Graphic, Industrial both are really interesting. You keep working, u got talent!

Guest möggel

O really! What a coincidence. He’s a really nice guy and a good designer. I did learn a lot during the six months I spent there. Barcelona is amazing, I had so much fun there.

Thanks a lot I appreciate it.