Product Design Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest trinitydesign

Mobile Phone Design From Trinity Design Studio

Guest trinitydesign

This is my first post here, hello to all!

We are Trinity Design , It' s a design company basic in China.

This is a music mobile phone design, It's for the Capitel that a custom in China.

it already launched in market on July this year

post-14471-1189650235.jpg

Have you got a rendering with a screen image on it, to show where the screen visual stops and finishes? Don't mind the idea of the clip at the bottom, lot of phones seem to try and have been unsuccessful in undertaking it correctly and notice the USB port cover to. Assuming its probably a rubber grommet covering the hole...is it attached to the body itself in anyway, so that it is not going to be lost?

Can't be 100% sure, but if you have raised dimples (very minor) on the base, so that the user could have their phone sitting on a table playing music and it wouldn't be as muffled (as it wouldn't be sitting flush with another surface). Only other comment is the top button (with two dots left and right) seems to be a bit wasted having such a large button for a small application. If you have more images, would love to see them...

Guest madmatt

Cool design, I like the slide phones, but this have a good design...My compliments...

Bye

Guest Jay08

Nice looking phone. Id like to see the actual size of the screen though...

The only thing that spoils it maybe, is the speaker hole on the face it but still.

The renders are really good btw. Are they IS2008 or 3ds Vray? or other?

Cheers

Guest Muzza_77

sorry but i don't like it, there are too many design flaws, for example, why are there feet on your phone, why not move the speaker so you don't need feet? the 'white donut' thing in the middle of the phone seems to be taking up ALOT of space, it could be made alot smaller. Also this donut is the centre focal point, when the person first looks at the phone, they see this huge donut. Another bounce off the donut, the walls around it are formed to curve with it (do you understand me?) this is just compensating for the HUGE donut shape = bad design. Overall the design could be simpler, alot of visual clutter, things could be removed, for example the circle around the speaker on the front (it is a speaker right?) can be removed just leaving the small rectangle, which could probably been made smaller.

nice renderings, i just don't like the design.

Guest Daniel Ray

Nice - I thought the 'donut' was a nice way to make the keypad more interesting without having to re-engineer the location of the buttons. I think I would prefer it with some harder lines in the grey section - the donut is so unforgiving cutting straight into the numbe pad, I think the grey part looks over softend next to it - but maybe that's just me.

Guest lufbrasketch

A few things we have to look at here....

• What type of phone is this? Is it a media player? Is it a camera phone? What category does it come under?
  • The top row of the alphanumerics is going to have really bad usability, you have minimised the space around the 1 and 3, with the 2 being really seperated from the keymat. To me it really fragments the alphanumeric keymat layout, but I can definately see why you have done that. I reckon that you could remove the donught, make the key layout for the top row of alphanumerics the same, and it would be way more usable. But it won't have same visual impact as the donught, which makes it stand out as more of a media player.
  • How does the back battery cover come off? Is it the bigger section that slides off? It seems that might be a bit awkaward unless you have a massive battery?
  • I like the lanyard hole, its a nice touch but will users wear a big phone round their neck? I dunno, thats where the user-research comes in I guess.
  • I see there is a camera on the back? Where are the camera keys, would be interesting to know how someone would take an image in portrait and landscape.

Anyway, thats my say...I got more but it will turn into a rant rather than a comment.

Apart from those comments I reckon it looks alright, would be interesting to know the materials used and the overall size dimensions and product spec.

Nice rendering aswell :specool:

Guest rockroll

One question,

I focuse on the lanyard hole and the battery-cover.

when user take off the battery cover(slide down ),

it will rub the lanyard.

Will the lanyard be weared and teared ?

Guest rockroll

Anyway,I like the desin.

But as a music phone,it's running short of some fashion element.

Is there any color-schemes?