Product Design Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest sigoryx

phone handsfree

Guest sigoryx

My WebpageHi to everybody!

I'm working at a project of a new phone. The idea is not so new but i think quite important.

The communication devices are becoming smaller and smaller and now you feel demoralized see people which are "talking to themselves so it is important to demonstrate to other people around that you are having a conversation with some one else".

For that reason indicator is integrated in the case of the phone and lights up during the conversation.

Here are some sketches I want to be seen -- may be they are too conceptual? Too hard to put it into production?

I'm sorry I can not attach the image -- I do not why but it does not allow me showing it on the forum (56k only) so here is the link.

My Webpage

Guest Pandoraoh

Hey man,

your link redirects me to microsoft.com ...

shame, i would want to see this project.

hope you can fix it.

Guest sigoryx

HI!

I'm really worry about the link...

therefore I'll put another -- it is my folio -- scetch -5

I do not understand why it can not attach image to the forum?????

Every time I clic preview post it appears withoult the image.

My Webpage

Guest Jno

Hello!

just some quick:

in the Amorphius case, microphone looks too tiny. it looks like it is going to break very easily.. but ok, it is just a sketch. The light can be made with led (you might have to use lightguide inside the plastics just like in most cellulars).

You really should study the ergonomics with this one to make sure it will stay in place... and of course it shouldnt weight too much. Material thickness in the indicator area looks much too weak and it looks impossible to implement a led in there (or use lightguide, which requires even more space).

this last one looks most interesting as I havent seen this kind of concept before (which really doesnt mean anything, cause there are lot of things I havent seen).

But anyway I think this one could be the user friendly and if thinking of manufacturability, it looks like there are "lot" of space for all components!

Nice work!!! It is always challenging to make something that is attached to human body because everybody is different. To find out the optimal form is not easy.

Cheers,

JNo

Guest sigoryx

Thanks a lot Jno!!!

Your comments are really efficient

I'll try to take it into accaunt in my future work. Are you sure about lacking the room for the indicator? may be will enaugh to reduce a little the lighter?

thank you again!

Guest abhinav

Hi,

nice organic forms with good representation. amorphius looks more ergonomically resolved than the other two. the only thing is you should try integrating the microphone and the rest of the assembly. how zet holds the ear that also you need to workout.

The last one appeals more, provided it should be able to get hold of all ear sizes and should be comfortable while using for long time.

Guest sigoryx

Yes, they are to be elaborated, now it is only the begining of the work -- just idea.

may be I spend too much time for this?

How do you work guys -- do this in CAD programms after fist scetches on paper without renders? How deep are your projects when you first time show it to the client?

Guest Jno

I work so that after first sketches I go for early 3d-modelling... This is because in that way our mechanical design team can check it out and we have something to really discuss about. In my point of view there is no point to make nice presentations if they are lacking reality...

JNo

Guest sigoryx

If you work with transportation design (or work in any design team), you need not any "nice presentation" but I am more interested in situation when you work as a freelance. You can not devolop the project deep by yourself -- and you need nice look.

Guest Jno

I agree with you... in freelance work you might have need for good looking presentations to sell your idea. But ofcourse it depends on your client and project.

But anyway, in some stage of the product development marketing is always requiring presentation material, in form of models or presentations...

Cheers,

JNo