Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ADD

‘the Corner Tree’

Guest ADD

post-12116-1186908403.jpg

The Corner Tree’ is placed at the corner of the room & shares the adjacent vertical faces of the walls of the room.

The zigzag & fluid form of this design is an interpretation of the growth of the tree. The spaces provided by this design can be enhanced with various mementos which mark the beautiful moments of the user’s life. The user can place the favorite mementoes such as photo frames, trophies or other collectibles on the tree.

The form is very sculptural and conveys a strong aesthetic character while its white color suggests its timeless, classic, innocent, pure & peaceful nature.

The Corner Tree can be developed with 20 mm plywood or medium density fiber board. Molded wooden strips can be used at the corner joints of the furniture. An alternative material option could be single molded composite fiber.

any comments

ADD

Guest sketchycoll

Hi, i really like your design. i wouldnt so much say that it is sculptoral because it is using fairly geometric shapes, but i thinks that it looks good with its clean styling. i think it serves its purpose very well aswell. its not complicated and would blend in beutifully in a personal living space. one comment i would like to make is about the typeface you have used to write "The Corner Tree" i dont think it relates to the style you have tried to achieve with the product and also it seems a little out of place where it is although i guess u did this as not to take away the central attention.

Good work though mate, i like. :)

Guest Hazdaz

:thumbs up:

I VERY much like this. I think it would look especially cool in wood.

Definitely something that I would consider buying if I saw it at Ikea or someplace like that.

If you tweaked your design a tad, and added a radius (fillet) on only the outside corners, you would be simplifying the manufacturing of it quite a bit (if made out of wood or MDF or other sheet materials). They way it is now, would lend itself more to making it out of plastic or similar material.

Guest mr_charisma

I think it is a pretty cool design, i like the simplicity of it, 1 thing to keep in mind is that walls are never perfectly square so it wouldnt be able to sit perfectly flush with the wall, but otherwise i like it

Guest Ferdie

I really like that idea, it brings a "solution" to abandoned corners. The only aspect, apart from a senseful production method, is the bending of the ends where I would personally end the object in the horizontal plane.

Due to the rendering´s perspective it is hard to figure the size of the object, the way it appears on the picture it looks a bit cramped in that corner.

Guest ADD

Thank you for your suggestions. :)

I will change the typeface which I have used. (any suggestions)

Since theses horizontal & vertical surfaces shares similar fillets

The single corner wooden stip needs to be develop seperately, which can be used intermediately.

This one is designed for rectangular junction with some angular tolerance.

Cramped in the corner........may be just because of rendering angle.

ADD