Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tom_Mannington

My Online Portfolio

Guest design_addict84

Hey Tom,

Sweet renderings! Would be good to see the design sketches to see how the idea was the developed. You might need to explain the bluetooth headphone, does it mean there will be two LED screens, one on each headphone? I like the ear cup idea, its a good change from the traditional standardised headphones.

Good stuff overall, hope to see more projects from you.

Teck

www.tecksoh.com

Guest sketch

Loving the renders and your style. It would be nice to more sketches - and your "thinking".

Good work.

Guest Tom_Mannington

Cheers for the comments guys,

@design_addict84: I did a very limited amount of sketching for the bluetooth headphone and major project, mainly due to the style of workflow I had adopted when working on my placement, which was to generally rough out some shapes then develop it more in Rhino and I had the idea for this in my head for ages so I got it down fairly quickly so I could concentrate on the vacuum cleaner. Yeah, it would mean having two LCD screens but unfortunately this was part of the brief so I was stuck with them. It annoyed me as they were utterly pointless, and as my housemate remarked "what happens if i'm walking down the street listening to anal c**t, won't i get arested?"

@sketch: I'm loading up a load of my other sketchwork which should give you some idea, but it generally falls into the following catagories: 1. Typical Loughborough/Ian Storer word association-into-shapes idea (which works for all of about 5 words) 2. Doing a fair amount of working out in my head (and in my final year having a few epiphenies in the shower of all places) 3. Noting down design features that I like and using them for future reference.

Guest Jay08

Hey ,

I like the rendering work you have done...Theres some really convincing images...

They look like you ve done them in Alias Image studio. I can see you have used HDRI for at least a couple of the scenes so the lighting looks realistic. Do you know where I can download good HDRimages. I know you can make them in photoshop by combining images but downloading them would be useful!!!

Cheers...

Guest Tom_Mannington

@ Jay08: Errrr.....image studio, gee thanks.................nah only kidding, all my renders are in Studio max with mental ray. HDRI's are pretty easy to find, I started with the free ones provided by HDR shop and then found a fairly large collection by just googling stuff like HDRI, HDRI tutorials, free HDRI etc. Alternatively you can buy some very hi-rez ones from dorsch on a DVD.

@Imran_Othman: Cheers, reverse engineering is replicating an existing product down to the smallest detail in a CAD package (although in mine I've not done the internals), then if you want taking it futher and simulating the surface finishes in a rendering package.

Guest Tom_Mannington

Updated with a bit more sketch work. And started working on a wbsite proper as well.