Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest philture

Feedback on www.philture.com thx!

Guest aajhiggs

Hey there,

I've had a look at your site, but I'm not too sure about a few things. Firstly I don't seem to be able to access the non-flash version (it sends you to the flash based one), and secondly I'm not sure why you felt you needed to use flash for it - it seems the majority of the site could have been constructed in HTML anyway.

Most importantly though, I can't find any product designs (bar the one image of the controller) - am I missing something?

The layout seems nice enough, but I can't comment on much else as there isn't too much to go on.....

Andy.

Guest Pandoraoh

I don't want to be rude but what exactly is that site supposed to mean?

Let me first critic the site itself...the site is full of dead links and bugs, nothing that can't be fixed though. The layout seems clean and gentle to the eye. The site itself has some potentiol.

BUT...

Some of the clients mentioned are huge... HP? IBM? Intel?

When I saw those names i expected an impressive portfolio but got only a few pics and some low quality animations?

There also seems to be a store at the site where you buy nothing but an MP3 player?

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I get the feeling you are just a student designer like most of us here who's trying to make an original portfolio by pretending you're an actual company and having a nice client list.

Making an original portfolio is very good but this is not the way to do so.

This may sound a bit harsh but I'm only trying to help.

Try checking out some portfolios posted here, some are really impressive and you can learn a lot from them.