Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Khalid

Kitchen Appliance Set (final Bachelor Work)

Guest GSureda

Dear Khalid;

Your work certainly merits all the praise shown by your peers here. I just want to add that even thou I prefer other tools for Class "A" surfacing, I understand how enjoyable working with complete disregard to fixed shapes can be inside MAX's environment.

Nevertheless you can export machinable surfaces from MAX; all you have to do is do your modeling with Bezier patches(subdivision polygons won't translate to surfaces). Using this procedure, you stay within MAX's very freeform environment; when you need surfaces for machining just rightmouse the geometry and turn it into NURBS ready for export as IGES.

It's a bit more involved than this since you have to keep in mind MAX's precision limitations to get acceptable tolerances, but I have done it and modeled a couple parts that otherwise would have been sent to China.

These are the links to a couple of models created this way; one of them is in actual production run of 480,000 pieces:

http://www.sureda.org/Portfolio/Identity/C...andardFrame.htm

http://www.sureda.org/Portfolio/Identity/C...andardFrame.htm

Regards, Guillermo | www.sureda.org

post-4462-1187315388.jpg

Guest Khalid

Thx for advice G, i saw this methode by my friend, he used it for car modeling. But anyway, if i need translate polygons, which are ready to mesh smooth, i would use t-spline plugin, which is qiute promissing T-Splines

If it would go into production, i would remodel it in some suitable software, like Alias, where you can achieve real class-A quality of all surfaces.

Guest RouteZeroDesign

Looks good, and the design theme carries nicely throughout the range.

The rendering of the toast looks really good, makes me hungry :D

Guest xonegon

its nice dude :)

the colors an shape give a sony-ericson mobile phone feeling... (maybe you've seen those)

Guest antoniomancillas

Looks really nice, I’m not sure about the dark-grey background, I would expect a little more lightness on a kitchen appliance, but that’s just me…. you did a really good work

congrats,

Guest wannabdesigna

dude,

that design looks really good, quality design from and the colours look great...

well done...

Guest Khalid

Thanks you all, its nice to see that time and effort invested in this project worth it.

grasshoper: when i was designing it, i was still student

antoniomancillas: i plan to make some nice presentation animations, so i will take the dark background into heart

turbofrog: imagine 4-5 member family, having meal at same time, e.g. breakfast, it takes quite long time to toast enough bread, with 3 slice toaster you can serve bread to everyone faster, so they not argue who is in order

Guest Ares
I haven´t posted my work for quite a long time, so here's my final work at my school, its Kitchen electro-appliance set.

rough rendering, with simple materials

post-1-1187000249.jpg

Next step was tuning the materials settings

post-1-1187000308.jpg

Here is final presentation poster, printed at 100 x 70 cm (27.8 × 39.4 in) size

post-1-1187000264.jpg

edit:

Ideation sketches:

post-1-1187000291.jpg

hope you'll enjoy it, feel free to comment and crit

edit:

thumbnail 234x88

post-4034-1187003899.jpg

nice work.series produdts design about home appliances.i like the Juice extractor, it's good.