Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Khalid

Kitchen Appliance Set (final Bachelor Work)

Guest Khalid

I haven´t posted my work for quite a long time, so here's my final work at my school, its Kitchen electro-appliance set.

rough rendering, with simple materials

post-1-1187000249.jpg

Next step was tuning the materials settings

post-1-1187000308.jpg

Here is final presentation poster, printed at 100 x 70 cm (27.8 × 39.4 in) size

post-1-1187000264.jpg

edit:

Ideation sketches:

post-1-1187000291.jpg

hope you'll enjoy it, feel free to comment and crit

edit:

thumbnail 234x88

post-4034-1187003899.jpg

Guest lufbrasketch

Hey doode,

Awesome stuff. Nice rendering, what software did you use...was it rhino+vray?

What was the background behind the project? You said it is your final degree work.

So, what was the aim (project brief etc....)?

Guest Khalid

thx, im generally using Rhinoceros for modeling and Vray for rendering, but this time i choose a 3d Max as a modeler, its better for creative modeling, you can easily change proportions, but if it should be produced, milled, it would have to be remodeled in some nurbs package.

There in not much backgroung behind, topic was : Kitchen electro-appliance set nothing less, nothing more

I know it isnt much inovative, its rather styling exercise, but anyway im quite satisfied with this work

Guest kingred

the aesthetics give off a power tool vibe.

i was expecting a black and decker label somewhere. Good transition between products, matching aesthetics across a range can be a pain.

Guest Alec

I like the style. It's nice to see something other than hard white/clear plastic. Also, the renderings are beautiful. The only real apparent clue that it's a render is the toast, which looks flat and has some visible triangulation. Overall very nice presentation. Great work!

Nice work there, not sure I am a fan of the colours (kind of a stainless steel and black kinda guy), so take that is me being bias, but I think you have created a range of products that fit together in a family of own with relevant transitions between the models. Good work!

Guest cholden

Nice cute looking products. maybe to show them off even better place them in a kitchen enviroment, will really give the render a boost and make a great look also will show off what type of kitchen enviroment they would look good in. I'm thinking country cottage or family home at the moment from there cute, fun and soft aesthetics. CHris

Guest poindexter

hey

great work at tying the line together. the juicer had me stumped for a while, but thats probably just me.

as mentioned before, i think a good shot of them in a kitchen environment would really set off the idea.

Guest Khalid

Thx much all,

I havent present this project at school yet, i have wait (some other subject problems), so i have lot of time to prepare presentation, new descriptive and supplemental pics and maybe some short videos. So i will put it in some fitting enviroment. It wont be tomorrow, it will take some serious amount of time, so when i do it, i'll post it here.

Looks great! Could you please upload those images onto our server with the attachment system? And if you want to be featured on our homepage, please create and post a thumbnail with 234x88 pixels :)

Guest jose3

I woudn't mind at all seeing little electronic brush stroke on your very good approach. Some very little lightning maybe small screens to see them more alive could do a great deal I think but you could ask speckofdustin for a serious opinion I believe he is knowledgeable on the subject. Good work.

Great to have you here.

Guest Puhrot

I really like the design here, very cool. I dunno if I am the only one here, but I really like the initial renderings better I think. It almost looks like a soft rubber vs. the more shiny plastic in the final render. I could see the body being an off white injected molded piece with the colored sections being a coated rubber material.