Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rafael Morgan

The Light Drop

Guest Rafael Morgan

The Light Drop is supposed to make people think about how we are

dealing with our natural resources, in this particular case, the water,

which is the main source of energy for every living organism in this

fantastic world. Water is energy indeed.

This wall-mounted lighting element illuminates the custom-molded polycarbonate bulb with an embedded, dimmable LED in the faucet, which is intuitively controlled by the tap -- the more you twist, the more light you get -- which also is a good way to contextualize energy use (though at a greatly reduced rate, compared to an incandescent version of the same design.

post-12103-1186419074.jpg

You can take a look on my portfolio:

http://www.coroflot.com/rafaelmorgan

Guest killaudio

Quirky design, i quite like the idea of turning the knobs to get more light. This considers the issues of sustainability really well.

Very cool.

Top stuff yall.

Guest Hazdaz

I like it. Interesting concept, but I honestly wonder how many people will "get it"... hell, if the lights get brighter as they turn the water up, they might end up wasting more water just so it becomes brighter.

How about the lights dim with more water... symbolizing the waste of our natural resources results in less energy is available for us?

Guest TobyStelzer

I think this is an amazing looking product, and an interesting concept for raising awareness on wasted resources and excessive consumption. I think it could be adapted to also add a water aspect by making a small hollow through the centre of each light for water to flow through and into a trough below. The faucet could control the flow of water like it controls the light. This would make for an exciting visual spectacle as the light would reflect and refract through the stream of water making for a very nice water feature whilst still retaining the original concept. The whole water circuit should be constantly recycled of course.

Sorry for hijacking your design a bit haha, I just thought it might add a unique twist.