Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest messysketch

Water Extreme 2020

Guest messysketch

Hi,

Bit of a late start but here goes;

- To generate a new extreme sport concept that utilises current/developing technologies for water travel.

Design a one man craft that rises out of the water i.e. using a hydrofoil, reaching high speeds i.e. impeller prop, using ´super cavitation` method of reducing friction.

Info:

Supercavitating has been around for a while but only has really been workable in recent years with the introduction of concept frictionless torpedoes with combat ready versions expected in 15 years.

Sketches to come!

post-9863-1186237303.jpg

Guest messysketch

Initals, showing the kind of direction the design will be heading.

post-9863-1186238133.jpg

Guest Abiel Muren

GREAT IDEA personally, I like more the concave curve from the 1,2 and 5th sketches, take a look to the sea horse..... anyway you have a nice idea... I would like to see more soon

Guest cholden

Hey if you look on google (will try find some pics for you) there are some on man sailig boats and windsurfs that use this hydrofol technology and lift out of the water also a specail hydrofoil surfboad that rides waves better. maybe good for reference.

Sounds cool, love watersports. also look for a new watercraft called a dolphin or something, its a 1-2 man craft that swims under water and on water but can jumpin and out like a dolphin.

maybe will help you with hydrofoil design?

Guest messysketch

Hey guys, yeh using the same principle as the surf board/sail board idea to lift you out of the water say 2feet, maybe allowing you to carve etc in the water. I have a few inital rhino models i will post shortly.

google video

Foilboard.JPG

Guest messysketch

update: put together a few rough rhino models of what the base form could look like. Comments welcome.

post-9863-1186419708.jpg

Guest cooperkid

this was shown on the gadget show in the UK, AquaSkipper or

on youtube, its a user powered water transport... looking at your hydro ideas and it reminded me of this...

innespace - this is a link to the dolphin craft..

Guest messysketch

Nice find, very clever idea. Think il be using motorised power to acheve much faster speeds. Havnt used rhino that much, finding it hard to visualise the idea at the moment - hopefully that will change.

Guest Camaro

I like the stuff so far, but I am having a hard time picturing the people on it. A few sketches with some bodies riding this thing would make it alot clearer for me.

Hey

Please explain how your product is stabilized.

I'm not trying to say it's not right, I'm just wondering how it's going to work - high center of gravitaion (like in your design) is almost the oposite of all Water used vehicles. You can also see in the Utube film, that they are using a very long stabilizing wing.

Good luck

Already waiting to see your renderings.

Liori

Guest Noself
Hey

Please explain how your product is stabilized.

I'm not trying to say it's not right, I'm just wondering how it's going to work - high center of gravitaion (like in your design) is almost the oposite of all Water used vehicles. You can also see in the Utube film, that they are using a very long stabilizing wing.

Good luck

Already waiting to see your renderings.

Liori

Maybe this would provide some idea how to solve that problem, meet the FLIP marine research vessel!

So, maybe right ballast/air pocket ratio would keep it stable, when stationary, right?

How Flip Works

Oh, and nice idea you got there so far messysketch!

Guest messysketch

Noself, another very nice find! Quite an amazing feat of engineering. The idea was to have the rider positioned slightly forward of the propulsion unit sitting in similar stance as a jet ski , using adjustable fins to control pitch and roll. Maybe sketches to come to illustrate this better! Perhaps in addition to this; to create a little more stability for beginners to the sport, I can have an adjustable ballast intake as seen in FLIP marine vessel to create a lower centre of gravity.

Guest messysketch

Long time no post.

This is what has been done so far. Still need to give it a seat, stearing etc, but the basic shape is there.

Any criticism is welcome.

*yo felix, check your inbox.

post-9863-1187853835.jpg