Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mitja

I-shot

Guest Mitja

Yesterday I was runing and i got idea for product. I-shot. Its a plug-in photo camere for i-pod.

Try to picture this: you are in the trekking over the cold Sibiria, and you have to walk for 5 hours. You listen i-pod and where you have music and thats making your "suffering" easier. Now, one big giant Jak (or some else strange Sibirian animal) cross your way. You take i-shot, plug in to i-pod and take pictures.

Cool

I-shot have power from i-pod, and use memory of i-pod for saving pictures. Could this be done? Shetch is just a quick, i make it in 1 a.m.

post-6414-1185166697.jpg

Guest toodef1

I think the idea is average, apple wouldn't do it - hence the reason (correct me if I'm wrong) theres no camera on the I-phone. But, the thing there are people that would buy something like this. Sigh

Guest Mitja

I don't know, i have problems (guess just me?) that camera on my phone is to bad (2 mil points) and i bored to carry around my digital photo around couse is big.

I would buy something like this, couse i like music and im taking pictures a lot, but im hard to reach on phone (i dont like to talk on it, or carry it all the time around)

if you are going to carry an ishot, which btw looks as big or bigger than an ipod, you might as well carry a camera, no? Would you NEED to connect to ipod to take a picture? That Jak would be long gone before you even START connecting them.. and if you keep them connected, that would make the ipod awfully big and chunky.

what about interface? would you need to navigate some menu to snap a picture? The Jak will be extinct before that happens..

sorry dude, this is not a good idea. however, I second toodef on that there are people that would buy something like this.

I think the idea is average, apple wouldn't do it - hence the reason (correct me if I'm wrong) theres no camera on the I-phone. But, the thing there are people that would buy something like this. Sigh

There is a camera on the iPhone. Jobs made a big deal out of it, for some reason.

Guest Mitja
That Jak would be long gone before you even START connecting them.. and if you keep them connected, that would make the ipod awfully big and chunky.

what about interface? would you need to navigate some menu to snap a picture? The Jak will be extinct before that happens..

Jak is always gone, no matter what camera you have with you? I have camera on phone - before I start it, the whole ZOO is gone and i have sony digital cam too - the Jak is gone too. Thats just a general problem of all digital cameras.

The point is - camera would be small like ipod, with no own power and memory (it's uses ipod resources).

Looks something like this.

I-product - dont have to be, it could be sony or HP or philips product (im not merried with apple - and i dont have any i product myself)

post-6414-1185252425.jpg

Jak is always gone, no matter what camera you have with you? I have camera on phone - before I start it, the whole ZOO is gone and i have sony digital cam too - the Jak is gone too. Thats just a general problem of all digital cameras.

The point is - camera would be small like ipod, with no own power and memory (it's uses ipod resources).

No the point is with a regular compact camerayou take it out, and you shoot, sometimes from the hip not looking at your object. You dont have to take out 2 items and connect them first.

If the camera would be as small as ipod (which isnt very small unless you mean ipod nano), it will be a crap camera no matter how many megapx you cram into it because you cant fit the optics. Further, 4x optical zoom is highly unlikely.

Look, im a fan of phone cameras because I get what they are for - not professional photography. If an ipod had a built in camera Id be a fan of that too.. but a separate device that I attach to it? Sorry man..

ive always wanted a camera on my mp3 players.

but those already exists...

usually chinese knockoffs mp3 players have cameras built in. pretty neat.

but as for you ishot idea.

im sure it can work.

and im sure there will ppl who will go and buy it.

but like everyone else already said.

i do think its a bit on the BIG and clunky side.

even with ure rendering u juss posted up.

also you dont need 7 megapixels.

3megapixels will do the job.

unless u want to blow up HUGE photos.

also wats a plasma flash?

ive heard of xenon flash.

as for the interface.

i dont think the ishot needs a screen.

because u can juss have an extra sub menu on the ipod itself.

which u can load which activates the camera on the ishot.

simple and clean.

also i would think if anyone was trekkin, they would be takin a camera with them.....

try differnt shapes and sizes.

and show us more.

the funniest thing dude..

i was lookin at a gadget magazine the other day...

and guess what....

there was teh "ieye"

whcih was pretty much the same concept as yours... or looked similar.. camera on ipod.

but the form factore was much sleeker..

and looked like it attached to the back of the iphone... which is kidna unneeded cuz the iphone already has a camera.

but still.

Guest P3NGU1N

I can't believe you think this is a unique idea. People were thinking about stuff like this as soon as the ipod video was announced. I did a project in highschool and one of my classmates "came up" with the "iBall". I believe that's an actual product now, though under a different name. Instead of a camera it's a cam corder. That was 2-3 years ago. Sorry man. You're behind on the times.

Edit:

Here we go. It was a concept about a 6 months ago. Maybe it still is. Not sure. The one my friend though up with had the iPod fit either as an insert or double as the screen for the iBall as well.

iballcamera.jpg