Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tom_j_owen

Yet Another Portfolio Site!

Guest tom_j_owen

this has been online for a while now...

let me know what you guys think...

please dont tell me about the spelling mistakes....lol...i know they are there and ill change em!!!

c and c lads!!!

its: www.thomasjowen.co.uk Visit My Website

thanks in advance

tom

Nice website and presentation of a variety of work and skills. Personally I dislike popup windows (I had to change my browser's settings to enable popus from your site), but if you believe you have a good reason for that, i'll respect that.

The only thing that is obvious from your work, is that your used colours are so low saturated (greyish), which make some of the presentation a bit dull in my opinion.

Guest tom_j_owen

no i agree on the colours...i was going through a phase! lol.

as for the popups, it just made it a whole lot easier to load/make/edit. this way the entire site didnt have to load as one document, instead each section can load as requested, which i hope made the experience a bit smoother.

thanks for the crit waikit much appriecated.

regards

'tom

Guest lufbrasketch

I think your site is pretty cool.

Shows a good range of skills, your exploded renderings I like alot. Don't see too many of them these days.

One crit on the layout though. I think that the circles showing the projects within each section should be aligned vertically. Its just a small thing but it might make the page look more balanced.

Guest tom_j_owen

thanks for the crit lufbrasketch.

your right on the vertical circles. the reason i did it the other way was so as i added more it would fill the page more than it is now. i found that this way just gave me a little more room.

your right too about the exploded views, it sometimes nice to see haw things work rather than taking a educated guess!

thanks

tom

Guest sensemille

hi, i like ur site also, one thing that i didnt like was the pop-ups too :(

another thing that i think would be nice is if u would add some music to it, maybe some moving stuff too to make it more dynamic..

and the 2 circles before home, projects and stuff, they look kindda weird the way they r placed just a little out of the box, about them again, maybe it would look cool if u just leave the 2 circles without the text next to them and when u go over them with ur pointer, make the writing apear.... but that might be hard to do, dunno ur skills in web design:)

anyways, sorry about the critics, but i think its good to get feedback on stuff so u know how other people see ur work.

u have nice work on the site though ! keep it up :P