Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Cyberdemon

Cyberdemon's Portfolio

Guest R.B

Nice and simple layout, which is nice and quick to load.

Personally, I'd recommend knocking that line about "Any field which allows..." on the front page because it sounds to needy and that your desperate, it's never good to sound desperate :D

Oh, I don't know it's it is just a FF thing, but on the port folio page, there's no apparent way of going back to the selection of images once you've clicked on an image without hitting the browser back button, but that's only a small thing.

Your pdf resume, the email is your VT email, perhaps change that to one that matches your domain?

I would would place the tabs above instead of on the right side, which is a bit unconfortable to navigate. And I didn't notice that there was a 'next' tab in some projects and that I could scroll to the right in some images. Maybe you could optimize the navigation?

I also recommend to make the site better viewable, without needing to scroll down to see the rest of the image, in the resolution of 1024x768 that is still widely been used.

Anyways, you have shown a good variety of work and good overall skills. Good luck with finding an appropriate job!

Guest R.B
Clicking the Portfolio tab will take you back to the portfolio page.

It does, but it's not immediately apparent, nor intuitive way to do it :)

Thanks, made some quick changes. I had to rush to get this up for an interview and since the site changed layout completely 3 times in the past week I had to just stop myself.

I made the next/previous buttons bright orange so they're a bit more prominent. The goal was to do flash overlays for the buttons, but that'll have to come later.

Also hot linked the content so clicking the body of the page will now scroll through the images or take you back to the main page.

As far as resolution is concerned, the goal was to make it 1024x768 "safe" (IE no horizontal scrolling, and not much if any vertical scrolling when maximized) but keep in mind even though the majority of the INTERNET might still be at that resolution, the people viewing this site are going to be design professionals. With the exception of some of them that might be using mini laptops, almost all of them will have a higher resolution then that. I think you'll rarely walk into a design office nowadays and see anyone on a 15" screen :)

Guest sensemille

i like the variety of ur work, realy nice!.. but u could add more pictures to them