Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest petettt

Xbox Design

Guest Muzza_77
perhaps I'm an being a total jackass right now in saying this, but the first thing that pops into my head with this design is apple. Why is it that everything "hip" and trendy nowadays looks like an apple clone?

A few things:

1. Nice, I like how simple the design is.

2. This isn't very apple, one of the reasons that apple's designs are so good is that they remove everything that isn't essential and everything is thought through, over and over again, iteration . An apple design wouldn't have the legs. They may 'look' cool to some, but they can be removed easily. By having legs you limit the placement areas of the xbox in the home (Can't be placed on its side, etc.). The button on the top (it is the power button right?) is not very functional. Alot of people slide consoles into places which don't allow access to the top like you require for this design. Don't give up the beginning is good. Keep at it!

3. People who copy apple miss the point by far. The point of apple is to design forms which aspects are inevitable, every part essential. Stare at an apple design, look all around and try and find a part to remove, improve, good luck. After the first iMac came out, it was a hit. Quickly other translucent products came onto market, those designers missed the point.

just my 2c

muzza

Guest George_te

It looks good, but i don't remember which console produced untill now had legs. It makes it much more complicated for moving, packing, and expensive for production.Anyway, congratulations for the effort. Keep on working!

Guest xonegon

hey, I'm going to your school next year & I saw your desing in various folders :D

I like it. And allthow you didn't follow the apple way of doing, its still great, causse muzza 77 is talking about a computer, an ipod ,... those are not desinged to be fun etc, there made for use, work, profit , relaxation, zen, etc...

while an xbox represents games (If you bought one for te dvd, shame on you , 37€ for a dvd player) , so its showing action brute force (the giant button) which you find in games :)

the only thing I don't really get, is why the controller inputs are situated on the back, when me and my brother play with the ps2 & we really get into it, we happen to pull the controller in an action , so when you would do that with the xbox, he'll flip?

Guest wallpaper

Total agree with Muzza's comment about Apple design, and this Xbox design is not Apple style.

It looks cute, but it miss the brand image of the Xbox, it's not cool and exciting enough!

keep going!

Guest c3019381

Like the smooth form. The power button size is a nice feature.

Legs of the unit seem a little unrelated. Did you think of creating a seperate base using the existing shapes, but allowing the unit to be positioned in different orientations??

Tidy, all in all

Guest c3019381

Like the smooth form. The power button size is a nice feature.

Legs of the unit seem a little unrelated. Did you think of creating a seperate base using the existing shapes, but allowing the unit to be positioned in different orientations??

Tidy, all in all