Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest petettt

Xbox Design

Guest petettt

hyy

i made for an xbox competetion following design, and i got trough the final round..

i'd like to have your comment about it?

greetings,

Matthias

post-13018-1181573860.jpg

Guest patywagon

I there a 3rd leg? What holds it up? Also your surfaces around the leg aren't curvature continuous.

Guest Aspruijt

hi

The feeling I've got with a xbox is power, muscle, strenght, tough etc. What I'm feeling with this design could better connect with Nintendo. I like the design, but not as an xbox.

greetings

Alex

Guest schizotype

Seems like a stone has legs, makes me think about "smooth" with surface, large body and legs "strong". but didnt seemed like an "XboX" or from this perspective is not enough to see X shape.

Guest petettt

Don't mind the X-shape, because it's a XBOX 360 (you see the 360° ?)

here are some more detailed pics

post-13018-1181660310.jpg

Guest schizotype

I didnt expect an X-shape from this form, since we are not at the stoneage. lol

Now its a bit clear, all connections made from "down" side? what can this space can be used for? storing the game-pads, cables? game cd boxes?

Guest Fei

HII

erm i like your design

but i got some suggestion here

Talk about X box, u can use the 'X' shape to apply on ur product...

i hope this will help u :D

Guest Gappie

perhaps I'm an being a total jackass right now in saying this, but the first thing that pops into my head with this design is apple. Why is it that everything "hip" and trendy nowadays looks like an apple clone?

I have to agree with Aspruijt on his comments that its not a real xbox design to me because it doesn't put forth the power of an xbox console.

My question is why you've chosen it to look like this? Is there an idea behind it or was it something you liked for yourself?

I'm not saying its a bad design but I'm curious about your ideas behind this design, and perhaps what other ideas/sketches/forms were which helped you get to this result.

Anyway congrats for getting into the final round!

Guest clark

I'm just not feeling the design at all

sorry to be so blunt, but i just don't see how this design fulfils criteria for aesthetic or functional design.

Also the way in which the cables go in from underneath, is there any point to this- it just makes things awkward imo.

what program did you render it with by the way?

I love the way the disks slot into the front though, and i'm sure the design has potential, maybe as a CD player for a childs bedroom- but not XBOX

Guest delourean818

I think it might get called the "X-George-Foreman" or the "Y-George-Foreman" instead of the "X-Box". Wheres the box shape or an X in the design? :D

is the joystick also a part of the competition? it doesn't look ergonomic to me. perhaps you can try and incorporate an "x" in the joystick.

Guest Gladiator

I think it looks pretty good, about the cords and stuff, perhaps they can connect and wrap around underneath the main area if you know what I mean. Anyways that my $.02...

Good luck

Guest MinimalD

Very quick

it is a creative design.

Im not sure if it is very entertainment consol friendly it being required to be sit up horizontally

that aside i think u could have created more Brand Identity with four legs so that from a birds eye view you see an X.

but overall it is a good design