Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Sketch Challenge 16: Mini Hifi, June - July 2007

Guest madone01

Good day i'm new here would you mind telling me the rules

thank you

Guest snugja

waikit, I really like the second page. the form on the lower left is sweet man. i'd like to see that fleshed out into something sweeter.

Good day i'm new here would you mind telling me the rules

thank you

No rules really, just make sketches of the subject of this session and post them. You don't have to colour them if you don't want to, it doesn't matter. It helps if you think you need some tips, that you ask for something specific, such as 'how is my perspective' or 'how can I improve the line quality', stuff like that. You'll get better answers from others that way. Have fun sketching B)

wow, nice sketches everyone, nice work. bowlofnoodle, I think your ellipses are obviously the weaker part of the sketches, it seems like you are really careful in trying to draw them so that they are the correct size and angle, but the linequality seems to suffer.. try to make them a bit more in one smooth movement (don't move too fast and keep the pen hovering above the paper until you're confident that you can get a somewhat accurate ellipse (doesn't need to be perfect of course).

Lufbra, cool work man, but be careful of those curved lines.. try to keep the straight lines straight..

Gah, sorry that I don't have anything to post myself...

Guest MrDoubleU

I've been struggling with my drawing tablet, it took me far too much time concerning the result. Haven't practiced very often yet.

I'm working in painter and I was asking myself how you guys get those line done with the different lineweight and that end up in a point... I've been changing brushes but couldn't find it.

Comments appreciated

post-1312-1181579998.jpg

waikit, I really like the second page. the form on the lower left is sweet man. i'd like to see that fleshed out into something sweeter.

thanks snugja, i'm glad you like that one. It's my favorite too. Actually i have already modelled both concepts, but without extra details. I'll show them later in a new thread. Maybe I'll need to spend more time on developing that one.

waikit> Awesome, looks similar to carl liu's.

Thanks bowlofnoodle, I regard that as a compliment ;)

I like your second one on the topleft. I would use the same profile of the body on the foot.

Spend more time on the foot.

lufbrasketch> very nice, how about speakers?

I've been struggling with my drawing tablet, it took me far too much time concerning the result. Haven't practiced very often yet.

I'm working in painter and I was asking myself how you guys get those line done with the different lineweight and that end up in a point... I've been changing brushes but couldn't find it.

Comments appreciated

I'm working on paper with ballpen. It's more easier for me to control the line quality on paper than on tablet. By the way, don't worry if you miss a 'point'. Get close to it is good enough. Practise drawing lines between points or drawing cubes. Draw 'fake' strokes (hover closely above the paper) before you set a real stroke' (a tip from Feng Zhu's video tutorial) I like the shape of your right speaker

Guest 12345

I really like all the sketching here. I just wanted to ask to everyone but especially lufbrasketch and wakit whether you put down some faint lines as guides before each sketch?

Also when drawing straight edges that go into a corner/curve on a product, such as the outline of many of these shapes, do you draw that without lifting your pen from the paper to make it look smooth or do you draw a straight line then a curve then another straight line etc.

Thanks

12345, i usually put down some faint perspective lines (planelines and vertical lines) before i start the sketch.

For lines that go around corners, I draw them in sections like you said at the end. But the lines are drawn over eachothers. If you carefully examine my lines, you could see that a thick line is built of several lines. Try to find out what technique is convenient for you.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.