Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest lookdadnotunes

Robert Trethewey

Guest lookdadnotunes

Hi,

This is my portfolio website, initially constructed as part of a University assignment, but as I made it I thought I might as well upload it to the internet.

Any feedback you have would be welcomed. I'm having very little success with placements and internships. So maybe you guys can offer some advice.

www.RobertTrethewey.com

cheers

Robert

Nice website, but what's the deal with those cubes in the middle? It says that I can click on it, but nothing happens.

Some projects images are a bit too small to comfortably read the text. Maybe add some developments sketches to some of the projects. Many companies like to see sketches in portfolios to see how you develop ideas.

Good luck with finding an internship!

Guest lookdadnotunes

thanks Waikit for the critque, I've made a few alterations to the site now to overcome them...

- the flashing cubes were originally the menu interface, but it didn't work very well so I just left them there. But removing the links. I've taken them off altogether now, until I get a better graphic to put in their place

- The text on some of the images is a bit of an issue. Maybe if i put the text on after I resize them it will be more readable. Rather than resizing the whole image with the text already on. It would be a reasonably big job to change the loader size of the images. So I'll try that I think.

- I'd been meaning to put up some concept and development sketches for a while. So I've now changed the portfolio gallery a bit to include some sketches and a photo of a prototype model.

Got a bit of an issue with firefox. It seems to store old versions of the site. So you may not be able to see the changes to the gallery unless you use IE. Maybe its just my firefox. Not sure.

Anyone got anymore suggestions on improvements I could make?