Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
parel

Solidworks World 2007 Presentation: Pimp My Render

Guest patywagon

Is this photoworks?

Do you not use image studio or anything else?

How do you render with backgrounds like you have done here?

Just download the files and go through the powerpoint. It goes through the setup. Yes it is Photoworks. When I want to take it up a notch I use Maxwell, but I have not done so in a while. Besides it would be disingenuous to give a Photoworks presentation at Solidworks World using some other software. :)

Guest patywagon

True. Though I've seen some of your work the last little while and I just assumed you were using something better than photoworks.

I guess it's easy to assume you are as many people might not be impressed by what PW can do. However you show that the tool you use (PW) is as good as you are with it.

I also think lots of novices expect magic results from rendering programs. They think that just applying the materials and some presets will yield these perfect results regardless of what software they use.

I've been impressed by the results I've seen from SW 2007, it definately seems to have improved quite a bit and Parel is proof you can get exceptionally nice stuff with the right setup.

Parel:

That is an amazing work!.

Very nice and professional presentation (and the other files as well).

I think that Photoworks does a great job when you squeeze it a bit (sometimes one have to spend a lot of time doing that). But your work is a living proof that PhotoWorks is something that worth to be learned.

Thanks a lot for sharing

ciao

Guest m4rtyn

gutted I cant open the part files only have SW2006 :<

Powerpoint looks good though :)

Guest patywagon

What's with box with the crazy perspective and smirk decal?

And what is Thomas solidworks settings?

Some explanation of some of this would be nice.

Guest theBIGone

OMG parel.. that is just the best demo i've ever seen. it has already been helpfull in so many way's. Seriously thank you very much

Guest theBIGone

Hi Parel. I was bored tonight so i took a good look at my logitech speaker, and put it into sw. And then tried your approuch on rendering. But i couldn't get the caustic to work properly, it was just a big blurry thing, so i turned it of. What do you think, exept from my inferior sw skills, how can i improve the render?

2000398633301491137_rs.jpg

tnx joost

Joost- So sorry that I missed this post- Would you mind forwarding me/posting your setup files in a zip file or post a screen grab?

Guest pencil

Would someone be able to answer my quick question. How do you adjust the intensity of a light pane? The material settings go up to 1 which isn't very helpfull. Do you just have to make the pane massive??

Quite stuck! Cheers

That is the current limitation of light panels. They are only as bright as the white allows. You can decrease brightness by decreasing the value towards black. You increase brightness by increasing size of the lights.

That is why I increase brightness with the judicious use of spotlight.