Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
grasshoper

Tablet Pc

hi ı want to get another pc for carrying so ı have to get a notebook. Also I want to draw some stuff while I am out. I have an Intuos3 6x8.

which choice is more sensible?

- getting a tablet pc

- getting a notebook and a cintiq.

Is there a difference between the performance tablet pc's screen and ıntuos or cintiq ?

Sensible all comes down to your budget.

I personally have a Tablet PC, but my feelings have become mixed on it. I love Alias Sketchbook but I almost still wish I had a conventional Wacom for Photoshop/Painter stuff. Without the keyboard (an external keyboard is doable, but clumsy) it makes using a lot of those programs very clunky.

A Cintiq + Notebook would break most peoples budget, and isn't a portable solution. But it does have a much larger (and better) screen, better pressure sensitivity, and pen tilt support for more advanced brush settings.

Frankly you can get most Tablet PC's for not much more then a laptop nowadays (depending on prices in your country) so if you can get a Tablet PC AND a Cintiq, you'd have the flexibilty of both.

I'd say that if you want something small that you can carry with you and use for drawings and quick loose sketches, get a Tablet PC. If you want a serious piece of professional hardware for Photoshop and more in depth renderings, get the Cintiq.

Guest millerrock2112

Ive been thinking about the same thing. I think a tablet PC would be a better solution for something that's portable and helps to "WOW" clients in meetings. The only thing is the screen size. Most tablet PCs I've checked out are 15" screen or smaller. This probably isn't a problem for lots of people, but compared with a 21" Cintiq...you lose some space

wat about pressure sensitiveness? I tried to draw on trust brand tablet and it is really bad! so I am a bit suspect on tablet Pc.

Andol: I used to use PC so apple will get more time from me. ;)

The pressure sensitivity isn't bad on a tablet PC, but it's better on a Cintiq.

Some tablets have virtually nothing in the way of pressure sensitivity, it's pretty much on/off. With the tablet I've found it's easy to get thin lines or thick lines when you want them, but it's harder to modulate a line from thick to thin in one stroke.

It's also important to note to make sure that the tablet you purchase has a Wacom digitizer. My friend just got a Gateway and found out the hard way that they use another brand of digitizer which is fine for handwriting, etc, but can't compute rapid lines when drawing, so it ends up putting giant kinks in the lines when you're drawing.

As far as I know most other brands are still using the Wacom Penabled system, but it's an important thing to check on first.

yeah...ı heard that and if ı decide to buy a tablet pc then first it must be a wacom.. ;)

so you say if a tablet pc with wacom penabled system is enough for sketches..

Guest Erock

www.tabletpcreview.com

That's a great site to do all your tablet pc research. You can find out almost anything you want to know about brands, penabled tablets, etc.

The forum is a great place to get answers to problems aswell.

Guest tokes99
hi ı want to get another pc for carrying so ı have to get a notebook. Also I want to draw some stuff while I am out. I have an Intuos3 6x8.

which choice is more sensible?

- getting a tablet pc

- getting a notebook and a cintiq.

Is there a difference between the performance tablet pc's screen and ıntuos or cintiq ?

if drawing while you are on the go is the aim, i think it could be rather difficult to do with a cintiq!

as far as pressure sensitivity it goes like this:

tablet pc: 256 (enabling the wacom penabled drivers supposedly bumps it up to 512 i think?)

graphire:512

intous3 :1024

cintiq: 1024

however you be surprised at the line quality you can get out of that parsley 256...

one of the other things to consider is that though the cintiq is pricey, it would be less hassle as far obsolescence ; because you can always upgrade your desktop or install a new os, or uprade your video card whereas with a tablet pc you are pretty much stuck with whatever it maxes out as...

you have to ask yourself how much you will really want to sketch outside and would you really rather be sitting at you desk drawing on a cintiq?

ı want to sketch outsite with a quailty of high pressure tablets... which tablet is the best for sketching and making some illustration? I have 4000 $. also I want a better performance for modelling. ı couldnt choice..