Renzsu

Sketch Challenges: Suggest A Topic

Guest Lanjo

hey guy :)

what about wallet or key holder mmmmm or cd cover or cd package

what do u think ? :) :)

Guest «AD»

or business cards for a certain firm.

you know, we know the name and the type of firm, and we have to find a good business card-design...did that for my father...never was paid for it...

Guest Aphasia

How about a speed modeling session.

May i suggest something like - digital cameras / mp3 players, and the program Rhino -

i.e. only modeling and rendering in Rhino, no other programs. Also maybe a maximum of 20 / 30 mins per model. See how quick and talented some people round here are! :)

Guest gilty

I like Apahsia's idea, but I think restricting to Rhino is too limiting. (I haven't used it since 1.0, but would like to participate).

I think it'd be fun to request that process work be shown also (thumbnail sketches, etc.) to get an idea of the journey from art to part.

Guest Aphasia

yeah process work is important. Maybe something like 1/2 hour sketches, 1/2 hour modeling and 1/2 hour rendering.

I think restricting to something like Rhino keeps everyone on the same level on a fairly easy to use program, so it's more about modeling than how someone uses the program!

Guest ParaCAD

Maybe a medical industry based product....

Something that could improve a current medical devices/instruments (could involve some research on current product though)

My Thoughts.

Guest nate

i like the idea of a concept design - yet quick sketches - like harald belker - scott robertson style - the underwater style sub sounds cool

Guest DesignRocks

Door handle sounds good, as do Kettle / Champ. bottle. How about sunglasses??

Guest demha

A desk tidy would be cool...after seeing some of you lot's workstations...you sure need a bit of organisation, lol :)

Guest Intermilan

Id go with designing some new kind of funky footwear...maby something that uses less material than is actually needed..??

Guest Travisimo

How about a laptop. Not just any laptop, this one is a good cause - meant to be $100 for distribution to children around the world

http://beta.news.com.com/The+100+laptop+mo...l?tag=nefd.lede

They already have a rough layout, but the design could go a lot of different ways.

http://beta.news.com.com/2300-1044_3-5884639-1.html

post-3129-1127939675.jpg

post-3129-1127939686.jpg

PS - It is not my idea (of course), I just read about it in the news and thought about this sketch forum

That sounds like a great departure from our sessions so far. A sketch session for ideas around these rough features.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.