Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kent

Sketching Tablet

Guest toodef1

IS there blueetooth versions available >? I F**kn hate cords - the less the better

The only bluetooth version currently available is for the lower end graphire series. I guess most people leave their Wacoms in a fixed position on their desk so the cable isn't as much of an issue. Plus 99% of desktop computers used in a pro environment don't even have bluetooth yet.

As far a Cintiqs, I've used one at a demo, but never professionally. I think the general consensus is they're great, as long as you're willing to dump the cash into it.

Personally I still think it's young technology that has a long way to go before it'll really be at the point we want. The ultimate goal is really an ultra light, large, portable tablet without all the extra crap. The screen is the only thing that we really care about, so eliminating the rest of it is the goal. Maybe in another 5-10 years.

Guest toodef1

Thanks or the reply cyber demon, I guess my lovely Macbook falls in the 1% category - I have no desktop, so being able to set up a 'mobile studio' is quite important. Id love to just plonk the lappy in front of me, crank out the tablet and draw away, without having a thousand wires running all over the place. Portablility is key at the moment, as I'm travelling/contracting.

5 - 10 years im sure weel have something a hell of a lot differnt to our current 'pen - pad' tablets.

Appreciate your feedback

h