Product Design Forums

Treasurebox
Sign in to follow this  
Guest duncs

Coca Cola And Muji

Guest charley

I'm far more attracted to coke rather than muji, this is because one i've never heard of muji and coke won me over years ago, you say they don't have a brand but in fact they do by giving it a name and logo like stenton has already stated. i would be interested in what the sales are like for muji and where is it available, as coke is a global brand.

coke is distinctive you know what it is with just the colors and graphics which can't be said for muji. i feel coke will win over muji as they already have an emotional connection globally and it is playing it safe.

Guest Paco

They are completly the opposite from each other, one is new (for most of us) and the other one has been a while in our minds.

Guest abby

hey you. hope you're ok. erm, ok. i don't drink fizzy drinks firstly as i'm not supposed to because of my ibs, and secondly because they're unhealthy. if i were to have a 'coke' type fizzy drink, coca-cola would be the last one i chose. i actually choose never to drink it because of the company so if i were to choose either it'd be the muji one. i dislike coca-cola's mass-media corporation. like many it brain washes users with the media coverage of it. apparently summer-time, oh, and christmas isn't complete without it. i hate that. but then i guess people have a choice too. i also disagree with how coca-cola produces its drinks. they use water from deep bored wells in asia (think it's asia) to produce the drinks. the wells are underground reservoirs where water has accumulated over thousands of years. local people use this water for their farms with very little, if any effect of the water levels. then coke came along, built their factory & the water level decreased by over half in a couple of years. now the locals have no water for farming due to not having the technology to be able to drill down deep enough to reach the remaining water. sorry i've wrote so much, but it's something i feel very strongly about. i feel similarly about mcdonalds too. big corporations think they own the world... anyway, yeah. i wouldn't buy either as i said before, but if i had to choose it'd be the muji one. i quite like the simplicity of the 'logo' actually, it's a bit retro style. i like it.

hope that helps! probably not... ah well. gimmie a text, let me know how you are. xx

Guest blossom

I would prefer the muji brand. The logo is understated and appeals to the modern age we appear to be in. Coca Cola tries to monopolise the market, and publicity and marketing is geared around a hard sell image. Although I know little about Muji it has a simplistic appeal.